Hanging An Odd Shaped Miniature Birdhouse

BadBob

I've done some similar and used 5mm screw eyes. Instead of hanging, you could make the stem longer and place them with flowers in a flower pot. You could also sand the back flat and epoxy in a small permanent magnet to stick the the fridge or a metal door.

7 hours ago, tomsteve said:

drill a hole through  down in the recess. tie a knot in a piece of string and run it up through. or thread it through from the top then tie the knot.tie a loop on the and after stringing through the hole for a hook.

a little dab of CA glue down in the recess will wold the string in place.

Reading this, monofiliment came into my mind.  Almost invisible and very strong.

I use a small screw eye in the center, even if in the recess. If it's difficult to determine the center of gravity, I push a straight pin in with a hook bent in the head end. If it doesn't hang right, I move the pin and try again. Pin holes disappear with finish. When the proper place for the screw eye has been determined, I remove the pin, open up the hole if necessary, and insert the screw eye. 

Charley

7 hours ago, Roberta Moreton said:

I would wrap it in some cloth, like rags, wash cloths, my husbands underwear, and then stick it in a coffee cup for stability and then drill a hole as close to the center as I could. Add screw eye. 

Hi  Roberta:
I don't want to pry into your personal affairs, but how many pairs of your husbands underwear do you keep in your shop
Fab4

On 10/25/2021 at 6:34 AM, don in brooklin on said:

Thanks

I thought I had all Diana Thompson's patterns but that must have been added lately. It is cute.

Cutting birdhouses is addictive.  I have cut probably around 200 of the little things.

I bought all the patterns last year.

I'm working on my first 100. 🙂

It was a little bit of a challenge to figure it all out, but I think I got it. Only one of this batch was a do over. Something slipped and the roof came out all wonky. 

2021-10-23 22.01.17.jpg