Call for Designers! - 2021 Ornaments For Charity

Travis

pattern drive.png

Hi All!

We're continuing our tradition here at Scroll Saw Village by publishing our annual e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. This popular e-Book was featured in the Holiday 2014 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine.  Our ornament designs are exclusive to this eBook and designed by SSV members. Anyone can download the ebook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. Our hope is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes and provide some cool patterns at the same time.

*** But we need your help! ***

We need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • They have to be designed specifically by you (no posting other people's patterns)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by Wednesday, November 24th (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so let's not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • Don't submit copyrighted or licensed patterns.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Please get them to me ASAP so I have time to work on them.

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & white only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I prefer Inkscape files (SVG) if you can. This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way I don't have to  manually convert them.

So last year, we were blessed and got 8 designers to donate a total of 40 new ornament patterns.  This year, I'd like to reach 10 designers.  I know it can be done, because we've done it in the past.  How great would it be to get 50 new ornament patterns in this year's book?  The last couple of year's has been tough, so this is a great way to give back.  You don't have to be an amazing designer.  All skill levels are welcome.  The goal is to create a really cool eBook that will benefit those in need.

I'm designing.  Who's with me!?

• Travis changed the title to Call for Designers! - 2021 Ornaments For Charity

Here's where we're standing right now.  Some of the ornaments are starting to come in.  I'd love to get one more person to add to this year's Ornaments For Charity eBook.  That would be 50 new ornaments!  That'd be amazing!  Can you help out?

1. @Travis - received
  2. @Oges
  3. @don in brooklin on - received
  4. @Dan
  5. @Jim Blume
  6. @RabidAlien
  7. @Fab4 - received
  8. @grampa - received
  9. @meflick

Things are looking good.  The designs are rolling in and I'll soon be able to start working on the book.  If I missed your submission, please let me know.  I'm still looking for #10.  Can you help?

1. @Travis - received
  2. @Oges - received
  3. @don in brooklin on - received
  4. @Dan
  5. @Jim Blume - received
  6. @RabidAlien - received
  7. @Fab4 - received
  8. @grampa - received
  9. @meflick

@Travis  We got to 10!  Woo Hoo!  More is just icing on the cake.  Can anybody else help out?

Hi Travis,

I've contributed in the past, but am in and out of hospital at the minute and that leaves me minimum time and energy to myself.   I will however contribute by buying them when they're done.  Well Done to all the pattern makers, you do a fabulous job !!! 

Edited by Foxfold

@Travis I apologize for my delay. I’m usually more prompt. They are in my workroom on a computer I haven’t been doing much on and kept forgetting to login and get them sent. I have now sent you via email a SVG file with 5 patterns. Please feel free to modify as needed. Let me know if you don’t receive them for some reason and I will try to get them sent again right away.

@Foxfold Brenda, I’m not sure if you are in and out of the hospital taking care of yourself or a family member but prayers said for you and yours and hope you can find renewed energy soon.

20 hours ago, meflick said:

Brenda, I’m not sure if you are in and out of the hospital taking care of yourself or a family member but prayers said for you and yours and hope you can find renewed energy soon.

I'm having a few niggles with my blood pressure and fluid on my lungs at the minute. Being sorted for both but these things take time.  Been told no sawdust for a while and 'gentle' exercise till all the test results come though. Had a big needle through my ribs today to take fluid, and have a fair bit of bleeding in my eye !!   I've had better days. 🤣 But thank you for your concern, it means a lot. xxx

4 hours ago, Foxfold said:

I'm having a few niggles with my blood pressure and fluid on my lungs at the minute. Being sorted for both but these things take time.  Been told no sawdust for a while and 'gentle' exercise till all the test results come though. Had a big needle through my ribs today to take fluid, and have a fair bit of bleeding in my eye !!   I've had better days. 🤣 But thank you for your concern, it means a lot. xxx

Brenda,  sorry to hear of your troubles and that it is keeping you out of the shop cutting. Prayers said they can find out and sort your health issues and get you on the mend soon.  Hugs to you.

Whew...what a crazy last couple of weeks.  I'm getting through the patterns, though.  Everything has been received.  There is still time if anybody wants to participate.  I just need them by Wednesday.  :)

1. @Travis - received
  2. @Oges - received
  3. @don in brooklin on - received
  4. @Dan- received
  5. @Jim Blume - received
  6. @RabidAlien - received
  7. @Fab4 - received
  8. @grampa - received
  9. @meflick- received
  10. @jr42- received