Scroll Saw Magazine

There is only one magazine for scrollers that I know of.  Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts.  

https://scrollsawer.com/

Also, you can get issues 1 - 72 on CD.  Worth it as patterns can be accessed by computer versus scan and print.  

https://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?_q=croll+Saw+Woodworking+%26+Crafts+Archive+CD&f=scroll+saw+woodworking+%26+crafts+archive+cd&q=scroll+saw+woodworking++crafts+archive+cd

There used to be Creative Woodworks and Crafts.  Long gone but you can sometimes pick up old issues on Etsy and eBay.

3 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

There is only one magazine for scrollers that I know of.  Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts.  

https://scrollsawer.com/

Also, you can get issues 1 - 72 on CD.  Worth it as patterns can be accessed by computer versus scan and print.  

https://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?_q=croll+Saw+Woodworking+%26+Crafts+Archive+CD&f=scroll+saw+woodworking+%26+crafts+archive+cd&q=scroll+saw+woodworking++crafts+archive+cd

There used to be Creative Woodworks and Crafts.  Long gone but you can sometimes pick up old issues on Etsy and eBay.

Don, I clicked on the link so I could pass it on to some of my friends and found it to be in error. Could you check to see if there is another more viable link. Thanks.

1 hour ago, don in brooklin on said:

Don, what I found at that link was 6 different CDs each costing $35 (US).  That means I would need to spend $210 (US) in order to get all 72 issues.   That's away more than I want to spend.

Is there one CD somewhere with all he issues?  I would pay a reasonable amount for that.

3 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

Don, what I found at that link was 6 different CDs each costing $35 (US).  That means I would need to spend $210 (US) in order to get all 72 issues.   That's away more than I want to spend.

Is there one CD somewhere with all he issues?  I would pay a reasonable amount for that.

Frank, there is not. Each of those 6 CDs have a couple or so years on them. They do not have the last few years out yet. (I forget what the last one covers through.) Besides Buying physical back issues of the magazines (if available, not all issues are) this is the only way to obtain the issues and patterns.

41 minutes ago, meflick said:

Frank, there is not. Each of those 6 CDs have a couple or so years on them. They do not have the last few years out yet. (I forget what the last one covers through.) Besides Buying physical back issues of the magazines (if available, not all issues are) this is the only way to obtain the issues and patterns.

Thankyou for that Information Melanie.  I have glanced at the magazine at a store a handful of times but have never purchased one.  I guess that I should do so and attempt to determine how much it might be worth to me.

2 hours ago, NC Scroller said:

If you can read German there is also this magazine.  I have actually purchased an issue because patterns are patterns.

FEINSCHNITTcreative | Magazine for the leaf and scroll saw (feinschnitt-kreativ.de)

Cool. When I opened it on my tablet using Google Chrome I got a pop-up to cover to English. Seems to work well. 

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Cool. When I opened it on my tablet using Google Chrome I got a pop-up to cover to English. Seems to work well. 

5 minutes ago, Jim McDonald said:

I got the option to go English on my Android. Their German~English translation is very good, based on my limited German from college 45 years ago. 

Yes there website can be read in English but their printed material is in German.  This i the project I mad.  Like I said a pattern is a pattern.1474261306_germannativity.thumb.jpg.4c9407970999ad9999278c16201f8704.jpg

16 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

Thankyou for that Information Melanie.  I have glanced at the magazine at a store a handful of times but have never purchased one.  I guess that I should do so and attempt to determine how much it might be worth to me.

The content in recent issues is a good bit different than the content from say 10 years ago.  I let my subscription expire because issues over the past couple of years had very little that interested me.  I've saved all of my old issues, because they still have a number of patterns I may want to cut someday.  I could probably toss most of the issues from the last few years.  I won't, but I probably could.

17 hours ago, meflick said:

The last CD Volume 6 covers Holiday 2015 - Fall 2018   Issues 61-72

I see that https://www.feinschnitt-kreativ.de/ has already been mentioned. I subscribed fairly recently. I can still read German.

Frank for the cover price of $8, I think that is probably less than a burger at Mc Donalds. You get a lot of different projects and ideas.

Scott, nice job on that Nativity! I have made a couple of those, they are very popular. I modified the design a bit by making the background larger. The other nativity was also from Feinschnitt.  I also modified that design to reduce and combine some layers. 

2018 nativity.jpg

DSC_0787 cropped.jpg

Edited by Rolf

Thanks Rolf for giving that info on the last CD covering through Issue 72, Fall, 2018. I thought it was 2019 or 2018 but couldn’t recall off the top of my head and I confess I let my lazy side win on this one.   🤫😔🙃 

I have also purchased a couple of issues of the german magazine, I think after you and/or Scott had shared about it I think with that nativity pattern. I also think I still need to make that one. 😏🤔🤫

Edited by meflick

On 3/1/2022 at 3:59 PM, NC Scroller said:

If you can read German there is also this magazine.  I have actually purchased an issue because patterns are patterns.

FEINSCHNITTcreative | Magazine for the leaf and scroll saw (feinschnitt-kreativ.de)

I remember trying to sign up for this but it never seemed to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have an extensive collection of Creative Woodworks and Crafts with a few as far back as the late 90's. I have thought about getting rid of them but then I think I might want to cut something out of one of them. I do sit down and go through some and pick out some patterns that I overlooked before. 

Rick