Respirator Use

I don't. I use my central vacuum nozzle to catch the sawdust under my scroll saw table, and have a fan blowing roughly sideways across the surface of the saw table to blow the top sawdust away from me. I stick to non-exotic wood cutting most of the time, so for most projects, I don't even wear a mask. If I do decide to wear one, it's one of the disposable high efficiency styles made by BNX that fit me well around the nose and chin with no leaks. I get them from Amazon.

Charley

I use a highly efficient cyclone dust collection system, that I designed myself and is attached to the saw, and I use a small fan that blows across the table. The I have to wear spectacles even with the magnifying glass, but at the end of the day my eyes feel like I have been standing in a sand storm all day.

I’m a pensioner with limited funds so I can’t install a filtration system in the work shop.

Maybe my half max is not doing the job properly, I don’t know.

Thanks guys got it all sorted out. Got a good 3M half mask, with the required filter pack, good googles that seal your eyes and allows you to wear spectacles and ear muffs. So I’m cool. The good Lord gave you a body for free, it’s up to you to look after it, 😜

I was just playing with black walnut, and I do were a respirator. Especially when using random orbit sander ROS. I also do it outside and have a big box fan on high.

I noticed that is natural to take off mask respirator when I am done sanding.  But I have to think about cleaning out sander and vacuum, keep the mask on.  

Me. Mark Eason.

1 hour ago, Joe W. said:

I will say I recently did get some hearing protection for when I scrolling. 
My normal tinnitus was starting to take on a different tone.
So I figured "here's your sign" and now I wear them when scrolling/mowing the yard and such.  

I've had it for 50 years. Sounds like chains jingling at different pitches. Wierd.