Call for Designers! - 2022 Ornaments For Charity

Travis

patternDrive.png

Hi All!

We're continuing our tradition here at Scroll Saw Village by publishing our annual e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. This popular eBook was featured in the Holiday 2014 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine.  Our ornament designs are exclusive to this eBook and designed by SSV members. Anyone can download the eBook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. Our hope is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes and provide some cool patterns at the same time.

*** But we need your help! ***

We need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • They have to be designed specifically by you (no posting other people's patterns)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by Wednesday, November 23th (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so let's not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • Don't submit copyrighted or licensed patterns.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Please get them to me ASAP so I have time to work on them.

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & white only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I prefer Inkscape files (SVG) if you can. This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way I don't have to  manually convert them.

So last year, we were blessed and got 11 designers to donate a total of 55 new ornament patterns.  This year, I'd like to beat last year's submissions.  I know it can be done, because we've done it in the past.  How great would it be to get 55 or more new ornament patterns in this year's book?  The last few of year's has been tough, so this is a great way to give back.  All skill levels are welcome.  The goal is to create a really cool eBook that will benefit those in need.

I'm designing.  Who's with me!?

Awesome!  We matched last year's participation.  This will make 55 additional ornaments for this year's Ornaments For Charity eBook.  But can we beat it?  How awesome would it be if we can hit 15?  That would make 75 new ornaments!

Here's who we have so far:

1. @Travis
  2. @john nelson
  3. @Kris Martinson - Received
  4. @Foxfold - Received
  5. @IanT88 - Received
  6. @Oges
  7. @meflick
  8. @Phantom Scroller - Received
  9. @RabidAlien
  10. @don in brooklin on
  11. @Fred Buehler

@Travis - I just sent you an email with my 5 ornament patterns.  I try to aim for the Beginner level with mine so that we can be of help to many. 😉 While I have put the year on several, and the place for "name" on them, those can easily be left off for anyone who wants even more simplistic ornament and/or to wood burn info on.

It was kind of cool today when i was on the SSWC magazine forum and someone there shared photos of the ornaments that they had cut for a show and two of my previous patterns I had provided had been cut.  The hot air ballon and the cupcake.  Their Woodworking group has shows where they make donations from the sales of their work to charitable organizations so it is a win win there for charity. 🙂

I look forward to seeing what has been submitted by everyone this year. Hopefully we can beat last year's submissions. 

Edited by meflick

The patterns are coming in and I'm starting to gather the designs.  Here's where we stand as of today.  Man, I gotta get designing.  ;)

Can we get 15 designers this year?  That would be amazing!  Who else can help out?

Here's our current designers for this year:

1. @Travis
  2. @john nelson - Received
  4. @Foxfold - Received
  5. @IanT88 - Received
  6. @Oges
  7. @meflick - Received
  9. @RabidAlien - Received
  10. @don in brooklin on - Received
  11. @Fred Buehler

We're up to 12!  That's awesome!  I've been working on converting the ones we got so far.  We have some really great designs this year.  Who else can help design?

1. @Travis
  4. @Foxfold - Received
  5. @IanT88 - Received
  6. @Oges - Received
  7. @meflick - Received
  11. @Fred Buehler
  12. @TimB221 - Received

We got another submission.  We're up to 13!  We still have time if anybody else wants to participate!

1. @Travis
  4. @Foxfold - Received
  5. @IanT88 - Received
  6. @Oges - Received
  7. @meflick - Received
  11. @Fred Buehler
  12. @TimB221 - Received
  13. @jr42Received

Hi All.  Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get ornament designs in.  If you want to contribute to this year's Ornaments For Charity eBook, I just need the patterns in by end of day tomorrow.  This year's eBook will be published on Thanksgiving Day, this Thursday!

1. @Travis - Received
  4. @Foxfold - Received
  5. @IanT88 - Received
  6. @Oges - Received
  7. @meflick - Received
  11. @Fred Buehler
  12. @TimB221 - Received