Who is this guy?

Iguanadon

3 minutes ago, CharleyL said:

Higher and dryer? No ocean salt air either. 

You are getting much closer to me. Have you joined NCWoodworker.net yet?

I'm in Kannapolis near I-85 Exit 60.

Charley

Hey Charley, yep, adjusting to the weather changes.  Lived in Raleigh/Durham for 50 years so not much different, just have to readjust after beach living.  I attended a meeting of the local Carolina Scrollers group but haven't looked into NCWoodwork yet, but I will.

1 hour ago, Iguanadon said:

Hey Charley, yep, adjusting to the weather changes.  Lived in Raleigh/Durham for 50 years so not much different, just have to readjust after beach living.  I attended a meeting of the local Carolina Scrollers group but haven't looked into NCWoodwork yet, but I will.

The Carolina Scrollers is a good group!  We have a group in Cary. Sunny Scroller’s. 

Sorry to hear about your wife having had health problems, thankful to hear she is back at 100%.. In times like that sometimes you learn who your real friends and family are.. Been there myself with my wife too, and people see the guys doing fine but inside many times we are almost just as much of a mess just having to watch your loved ones suffering in one way or another. 

Hoping you get right back into the swing of sawing and selling at the events in your new location soon. Good to see you posting here in the village. Keep us updated on your ventures. 

7 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

Scott,  Are you time traveling as well???😂

There you go taking me out of context... I said what I was gonna do in 2023, then left 2024 open to whatever happens.  😉

"In years past I've done 20-25 craft events per year, this coming year I plan on only doing about 6 of my biggest and best events.  We'll see what 2024 holds as I learn about local events here in the new home town.  (Moved from Carolina Beach, NC to Winston-Salem, NC)"

Iggy, glad to see you back. Sorry to hear of your wife’s health struggles but wonderful news that she has fully recovered and back to 100%. I’m sorry it lead to you guys having to leave the beach area, I know you loved it there but glad you are closer to family. I hope you got a good shop space and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your new ventures.

Love the cuttings. If they are in you patterns for sale I may have to buy them to make things for my crazy friends and relatives that are believers.

But I live in the Pacific Northwest.. and got to tell you Big Foot does not exist.  So there, prove me wrong!  I have argued this for years with friends and relatives.  Neither side has won the argument.  But in my younger days I spent a lot of time in the wood, in areas of reported sighting, and nothing.  Not even droppings that didn't have toilet paper or crumpled leaves with waste on them.   Bigfoot would not have wiped himself/herself.  You can not tell me with a the thousands of people that spend time in the woods and no one has absolute proof yet.  Sorry... it is all fun, to think about and  argue about, but no one has convinced me yet.  Same with the lost tribes of Native Americans that are suppose to exist in the area of Shasta Mountain in Oregon.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, Iguanadon said:

I second Charlie's suggestion.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, Iguanadon said:

www.ncwoodworker.net is a "Virtual Club", meaning it's online. We don't have meetings or dues, but do have get togethers, frequently for lunch in several locations. A picnic in the Springtime is held every year, and during that the nominees for office are elected for the coming year. A raffle is held each Springtime with great prizes, and the proceeds from this raffle pays a significant amount of the operating costs of the website. Amazon Smile has helped too, but sadly Amazon is closing their Smile Program next month.

All of the woodworkers in the surrounding States and down through Florida are also welcome to join, and if you will be, are, or ever were a person with ties to North Carolina, you can become a member. When I last checked, and this wasn't recently, there were well over 6,000 members. We have members all over the Country and in the military, wherever they may be stationed. We are a "friendly" bunch who help each other and anyone requesting woodworking help.

Charley 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:45 PM, Scrappile said:

Love the cuttings. If they are in you patterns for sale I may have to buy them to make things for my crazy friends and relatives that are believers.

But I live in the Pacific Northwest.. and got to tell you Big Foot does not exist.  So there, prove me wrong!  I have argued this for years with friends and relatives.  Neither side has won the argument.  But in my younger days I spent a lot of time in the wood, in areas of reported sighting, and nothing.  Not even droppings that didn't have toilet paper or crumpled leaves with waste on them.   Bigfoot would not have wiped himself/herself.  You can not tell me with a the thousands of people that spend time in the woods and no one has absolute proof yet.  Sorry... it is all fun, to think about and  argue about, but no one has convinced me yet.  Same with the lost tribes of Native Americans that are suppose to exist in the area of Shasta Mountain in Oregon.

Yes sir, all patterns are by Harvey Byler and I sell them for him.  Over 1,000 animals and more.  Big Foot, Sasquatch, Yeti... and real animals like Unicorns and Dragons too.  😉  By far, the dogs are the most popular, over 250 breeds drawn by the master.  Go down to the PATTERNS area to browse... free immediate download upon purchase.  www.WoodcraftByScott.com

PXL_20230123_204916391.jpg