Dark Theme Mode?

Let’s see if we can get our esteemed leader @Travis ‘s attention and see if he can supply a quick answer as I am not aware of a way but I will look around and see if I can figure out while we wait to hear from him or someone else who may know.

Also, quick question what device are you using to view the Village forums on? Computer, IPad or other tablet device, phone? If you can’t make setting on Village, you may be able to adjust a setting on your device you are viewing from.

Edited by meflick

I went ahead and created a dark theme for you.  If you go to the bottom of the screen, click Theme and choose Dark.

Anybody can use this theme.  I just have to make sure all of the settings are the same between the two themes.  I think I got them, but I guess time will tell.  😬  Let me know if something isn't behaving the way it should.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:07 AM, Scroll-N-Skydiver said:

Hello, I am new here. I have an eye condition that makes white backgrounds a challenge to read. Is there a site setting that I can change somewhere for a dark theme on this website? Thanks in advance!

Bill

I went ahead and created a dark theme for you.  If you go to the bottom of the screen, click Theme and choose Dark.

Anybody can use this theme.  I just have to make sure all of the settings are the same between the two themes.  I think I got them, but I guess time will tell.  😬  Let me know if something isn't behaving the way it should.

image.png

9 hours ago, Travis said:

I can't begin to thank you enough! This old cogger can read!  I'm so excited. Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:07 AM, Scroll-N-Skydiver said:

Hello, I am new here. I have an eye condition that makes white backgrounds a challenge to read. Is there a site setting that I can change somewhere for a dark theme on this website? Thanks in advance!

Bill

Hi Bill:
Good call on the Dark Mode, I think it's a cool feature that will be handy for quite a few Villagers
Welcome aboard
Fab4

14 hours ago, Tom-in-Ashland said:

Scroll-N-Skydiver. 

That's were I am but when mouse over "Dark Theme Mode" nothing happens and mouse icon indicates it is not clickable.

You're looking at the bread crumbs navigation.  The thing that says "Dark Theme Mode?" is the title of this forum thread. 

What you're looking for is below the social media icons at the bottom of the screen.  There is a line that says Theme, Privacy Policy, User Guidelines, Staff, Contact Us.  Click the Themes.  A pulldown will appear and will show 2 options.  One called Default Theme, and another called Dark Theme.  Choose Dark Theme to change to dark mode.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

image.png