one for my Canadian frend and neighbor

heppnerguy

On 2/11/2023 at 8:49 AM, meflick said:

Excellent work Dick. Glad he liked it. He should, it is wonderful. Lesson for all of us to learn, take on a project for someone, keep them out of the workshop until you have it completed! 😉 Duly noted here. ☺️

Good advice. I am just happy that it is finished and  I can  go onto some other projects before I get too old to remember how to turn on my saw.😅

Dick

heppnerguy

On 2/11/2023 at 6:50 PM, Scroll-N-Skydiver said:

Impressive work sir!

Thank you for the nice comment. I was hoping it would be satisfying to my neighbor who asked for it. He  apparently likes it as he has it hanging over his fireplace in his front room. or maybe his is waiting for a  really cold day and plans on using it to start the next fire.🤭😅

Dick

heppnerguy

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Thank you for the nice comment. I was hoping it would be satisfying to my neighbor who asked for it. He  apparently likes it as he has it hanging over his fireplace in his front room. or maybe his is waiting for a  really cold day and plans on using it to start the next fire.🤭😅

Dick

heppnerguy

Pretty sure other things would be burned first! ;)

Wow Dave....coming from one of the best intarsia people I know, t feels like a pat on the back. I needed that too as it was a real effort that was way out of my comfort zone.

Dick

heppnergu

thanks for the nice comment. By the way, how are things going for you. I have not  heard from you for awhile.

Dick

heppnerguy

Doing pretty good Dick. In the shop making sawdust. Nothing as nice as you make but it keeps me out of trouble. I have been wanting to go visit Paul but hate to go with all the bugs still going around . Don't want to give something to Patty. I just settle for a email once in a while. How you doing down there where it's nice and warm?

grizz

On 2/16/2023 at 8:06 PM, scrollingforsanity said:

Doing pretty good Dick. In the shop making sawdust. Nothing as nice as you make but it keeps me out of trouble. I have been wanting to go visit Paul but hate to go with all the bugs still going around . Don't want to give something to Patty. I just settle for a email once in a while. How you doing down there where it's nice and warm?

grizz

Well it has not been the usual winter weather here but rather a lot of wind and rain and cold instead. I feel really sorry for people who may have made this their first winter snow bird trip because if they think this is what it is all about, then why spend the time and money on the long trip. Actually I have talked with people who have lived here a long time and they all say they have never seen it this wet or cold before. I joke with them and say," If this cold and wet keeps up, I am going to move to Southern Arizona." I am not sure if I will drive back to Heppner any longer. If and when I do go, I will fly instead and stay for only about a couple of weeks. The down side it I am not sure that I will be able to go visit Paul if I do that. I really enjoy our visits and our friendship and  really hope that never is the case.  Paul talks about you often and really enjoys your visits too. Take care and keep in mind, spring is right around the corner

Dick

heppnerguy

On 2/16/2023 at 7:06 PM, scrollingforsanity said:

grizz

You and Andy are coming this Spring, I want to get my yard in somewhat of order before visitors.. I have not picked up the branches and leaves from the last wind storm yet.  We will come in the basement door and stay in the basement as we always do anyway,  we will not bother Patti.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

You and Andy are coming this Spring, I want to get my yard in somewhat of order before visitors.. I have not picked up the branches and leaves from the last wind storm yet.  We will come in the basement door and stay in the basement as we always do anyway,  we will not bother Patti.

All right Paul, sounds good to me. As far as that goes we could come help pick up tree limbs and help you out, especially after the wind this weekend.

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

Well it has not been the usual winter weather here but rather a lot of wind and rain and cold instead. I feel really sorry for people who may have made this their first winter snow bird trip because if they think this is what it is all about, then why spend the time and money on the long trip. Actually I have talked with people who have lived here a long time and they all say they have never seen it this wet or cold before. I joke with them and say," If this cold and wet keeps up, I am going to move to Southern Arizona." I am not sure if I will drive back to Heppner any longer. If and when I do go, I will fly instead and stay for only about a couple of weeks. The down side it I am not sure that I will be able to go visit Paul if I do that. I really enjoy our visits and our friendship and  really hope that never is the case.  Paul talks about you often and really enjoys your visits too. Take care and keep in mind, spring is right around the corner

Dick

heppnerguy

My wife and I have been wanting to visit Arizona in the winter to see what it is like. I keep checking the weather and as you said it has been not very warm there. Actually a lot of days about the same as here. That is a long drive and I need to do it before to long if I am going to. I keep saying next year, but can't keep putting things off or you never do anything.   Not getting any younger. The down side is my wife wants to come down before it snows and stay the winter as she doesn't like to travel on the snowy roads. I don't know if I can sit idle that long. If you have to fly when you come up I hope you can go visit Paul he really cherishes your visits. Take care. 

grizz

On 2/20/2023 at 9:31 AM, scrollingforsanity said:

My wife and I have been wanting to visit Arizona in the winter to see what it is like. I keep checking the weather and as you said it has been not very warm there. Actually a lot of days about the same as here. That is a long drive and I need to do it before to long if I am going to. I keep saying next year, but can't keep putting things off or you never do anything.   Not getting any younger. The down side is my wife wants to come down before it snows and stay the winter as she doesn't like to travel on the snowy roads. I don't know if I can sit idle that long. If you have to fly when you come up I hope you can go visit Paul he really cherishes your visits. Take care. 

grizz

This has been the wettest and coldest winter anyone I have talked with tells me. You are right about that. I was having my morning coffee with the guys in our nieghbor hood yesterday and I told them, "If this cold weather keeps up, I am moving to Arizona."  Today is extremely windy with some rain again today. We should be having nice comfortable weather every day now but it just isn't happening. I feel really sorry for the people who came down here for the first time to snow bird and they are probably saying to each other, "This is not what I expected. We might as well have stayed home."  I often see convertibles with their tops down at Christmas time, here, but not this year. You certainly picked the right year to not come down, for sure.

I have not heard what my wife has in mind for this coming summer but I really do not want to drive up there again.  Like you, I think my age is making it so It is just too much for both of us. So flying will be about the only way I will want to travel that far again. Last winter I drove to Heppner in one day and turned around the next morning and drove  straight back home. 23 hours with not stops but for gas, each way. I will be 83 in April and I am not interested in doing that trip by car. I may be able to use my daughter's car to drive up and visit with Paul, if there is any open time, but that is about it.  Take care. hope to see you down this way next winter if this crappy weather ever decides to go back to normal.

Dick

heppnerguy

14 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

This has been the wettest and coldest winter anyone I have talked with tells me. You are right about that. I was having my morning coffee with the guys in our nieghbor hood yesterday and I told them, "If this cold weather keeps up, I am moving to Arizona."  Today is extremely windy with some rain again today. We should be having nice comfortable weather every day now but it just isn't happening. I feel really sorry for the people who came down here for the first time to snow bird and they are probably saying to each other, "This is not what I expected. We might as well have stayed home."  I often see convertibles with their tops down at Christmas time, here, but not this year. You certainly picked the right year to not come down, for sure.

I have not heard what my wife has in mind for this coming summer but I really do not want to drive up there again.  Like you, I think my age is making it so It is just too much for both of us. So flying will be about the only way I will want to travel that far again. Last winter I drove to Heppner in one day and turned around the next morning and drove  straight back home. 23 hours with not stops but for gas, each way. I will be 83 in April and I am not interested in doing that trip by car. I may be able to use my daughter's car to drive up and visit with Paul, if there is any open time, but that is about it.  Take care. hope to see you down this way next winter if this crappy weather ever decides to go back to normal.

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, went from a windy, but, sonny and nice 55° yesterday, to 35+ MPH wind, snowing hard, 25°, not counting chill factor, today.  Snowed most he day but not much accumulation do to the wind, It was snowing sideways.  But This is February, and I know it is not uncommon for around here. I don't care, Another week I can stay in and ignore the yard work.

Edited by Scrappile

47 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Dick, went from a windy, but, sonny and nice 55° yesterday, to 35+ MPH wind, snowing hard, 25°, not counting chill factor, today.  Snowed most he day but not much accumulation do to the wind, It was snowing sideways.  But This is February, and I know it is not uncommon for around here. I don't care, Another week I can stay in and ignore the yard work.

We never have snow in Casa Grande but if things don't change pretty soon, it could be a normal thing.. I sure hope not. We had 25 mile winds today and the temperature was a high of only 57 with the wind all day and the morning wind, it is too darn nasty for me. We should be in the mid 70's pretty much every day now but have only seen about 4 days in the normal range this month. Sharon is in Montana right now and the temps there on in the minuses. Yesterday we had  upper 70's. It actually felt like Arizona for a day.  

16 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

We never have snow in Casa Grande but if things don't change pretty soon, it could be a normal thing.. I sure hope not. We had 25 mile winds today and the temperature was a high of only 57 with the wind all day and the morning wind, it is too darn nasty for me. We should be in the mid 70's pretty much every day now but have only seen about 4 days in the normal range this month. Sharon is in Montana right now and the temps there on in the minuses. Yesterday we had  upper 70's. It actually felt like Arizona for a day.  

Dick how soon you forget your roots!  I remember seeing pictures you posted of many inches of snow in Heppner!😅

19 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Dick how soon you forget your roots!  I remember seeing pictures you posted of many inches of snow in Heppner!😅

Yes but you have to remember that we moved to Southern Arizona in a part that never gets snow. Funny you mentioned that because yesterday I was going through some CD's and ran across a photo of the snow taken from our front porch. Happy sledding my friend.

Dick

• 1 month later...