one for my Canadian frend and neighbor

heppnerguy

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

WOW!   Dick that is awesome!  I bet he is a happy camper!

He seemed to be pleased with it. He sort of mentioned it last year but nothing was done about it until about a month ago when he mentioned it once more and then sent me a photo of the plane

Dick

heppnerguy

18 hours ago, Ron Johnson said:

Very beautiful job Dick

Thanks Ron. I was a real challenge for me as I am not a pattern maker and the photo I had of the craft was not all that clear. I had to do a lot of things that really do not go as protocol so that added to the stress of it. I am just glad that it is finally finished and out of my shop. Thanks for the encouraging comment. 

Dick

heppnerguy

13 hours ago, JackJones said:

Wow that is incredible looking. Beautifully done. 

I am happy that  you apparently liked the end product. That is my goal but this one was way more challenging then I  expected. Way too many changes of ideas from the time I got it cut to the finished project. Thanks for the nice comments though

Dick

heppnerguy

9 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

That is beautiful.  Well done!  My son-in-law is an aviation tech and keeps the Canadian Hercules planes flying for search & rescue.

My neighbor has his other house on Victoria Island and spends the winter here. He told me yesterday,  that  he was going to take this plaque home to Canada and show it to some of the guys that also worked Shore guardian duty on this air craft. He believes they will like it too.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 2/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, heppnerguy said:

This was a challenge for me. I have never made an intarsia pattern on my own before. My neighbor came to me with a photo of the military airplane he spent his 25 Canadian Air force carrier in. This aircraft was used to search the ocean waters for  enemy subs. I found it very challenging for me because he kept changing what I was doing and he kept wanting it to be more of a model than an intarsia item. I was really wanting to making it just the way he wanted it but every change, along the way, put more doubt in my success to make it happen and added a lot of extra time to the process. This project is 28 inches long and approximately 14 inches high. I used a woodburner to make the stripe on the body of the plane black.

Dick

heppnerguy

lntarsia plane.JPG

Impressive work sir!