My latest epoxy projects

TAIrving

14 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I want to learn epoxy also but haven't gotten up the nerve yet. Good for you to 'go for it'. projects look great

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, we should make another trip to John's for some mesquite. I could bring some resin materials and, we could have a pour party at your place...or mine.

12 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Dick, we should make another trip to John's for some mesquite. I could bring some resin materials and, we could have a pour party at your place...or mine.

I would enjoy seeing how this is done as I am in the dark and I don't adventure too many new things on my own.  Let's set a date. I would time to make something to try it on first though. Great Idea. Let me  know what you think.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 6/4/2023 at 4:54 AM, Gene Howe said:

Beautiful cuttings, Thurman. Glad to see the mesquite being used. At 1/4, it probably wasn't too difficult, was it? Have you cut any thicker? I've got a good stash of it. Pretty wormy, though. 

Gene,

I have not tried scrolling a mesquite panel thicker than 1/4".  It is sufficiently strong at that thickness.  I usually glue together a couple of pieces to get a panel wide enough for my patterns in order to work around the worst of the flaws.  

Thurman

Well, I've been selecting the slabs with the most holes because of the non scrolling projects I use it for. Like to use colored epoxy and stones. But, the yard where I buy it has a lot of better slabs, too. The guy is pretty accommodating and would cut what's needed. Might even be able to get some cut at 1/4. But, I can always re saw.