A revisited puzzle project that I made a frame/storage tray for.

rafairchild2

That is a very nice looking logo.   I use the wood "Coins" that Steve Good sells, because I don't have a laser.  Have you thought of doing like Steves, and make a sheet of them so you don't have to fire yo the laser each time to tag your projects?  I use them on almost everything I make that I am giving away.

https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/G8084A5f6bcOWgQNrBv5

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

That is a very nice looking logo.   I use the wood "Coins" that Steve Good sells, because I don't have a laser.  Have you thought of doing like Steves, and make a sheet of them so you don't have to fire yo the laser each time to tag your projects?  I use them on almost everything I make that I am giving away.

https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/G8084A5f6bcOWgQNrBv5

I do have his "coins", but prefer to have something burned directly into my piece, rather than using a Forstner bit to drill/insert the coin.  As you can see from the images, my small laser is a breeze to set up.  I just plug it in and turn it on.  Get a Bluetooth connection to my phone, pick my logo in the app, and size it if need be (I made it smaller for this burn).  I then run the positioning beam that shows me where I will be burning and adjust accordingly, then activate the burn.  I can go on doing other things as my logo gets burned.

Unless I want to get fancy with large scripture verses and a larger logo, there is no need to fire up my big laser.

BluetoothPS: I prefer using my phone and bluetooth, rather than connecting the USB to a computer.

laz2.jpg

laz1.jpg

laz3.jpg

Edited by rafairchild2

That laser might fit into my shop..  I make quite a few military emblem and one I had difficulty with is the Marine corps one.  It has "semper fidelus" in real small letters on the emblem.  I really struggle makeing it look nice.  Very small to scroll, I have used decals but that is not easy either.   How hard to you think it would be to laser it on with this type laser?

1 Marine Emblem 1 2023 avatar.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

How hard to you think it would be to laser it on with this type laser?

I don't think it would be too hard at all. It's about  12x12x12" so pretty compact and easy to store when not in use.  I use my smartphone to do the burn rather than a computer. Remember though this one is for 'engraving' not cutting through wood.

I have gone pretty small about 25-30mm for my circle so the VA Beach is really small.  I generally do about 55mm in size.  It's slow, but usually, I am doing other things so it does not matter.