Hanging Jewelry Case

munzieb

On 12/6/2023 at 4:32 PM, munzieb said:

My Sister aske for a special Christmas gift. She has a lot of Jewelry chains that always get knoted up in her regular jewelry box and asked if I could make her a case where she could hang her chains. I looked a several boxes on the web to get some ideas and came up with my own design (on the fly!) I would have like to use an exotic wood but it is getting very expensive so I went with 1/2" Poplar since it would be painted. Built the doors first since that would determine the final size of the box. Routered the recess for the front plaque first and then cut the miters. I used my Peacock pattern (Stack cut) 1/8" BBPW and used an 1/8" backer painted black and felt on the inside. Used picture frame hold downs to hold it all in place. Built the frame based on the dimensions of the combined doors. Added a 1/4" backer into the recess of the frame. Went 1/4" but should have gone a little wider. Not much room for the screws. 3M sprayed felt and applied to inside of backer. Bought hinges and hangers and french cleat from Woodcraft. Got very thin magnets from HD. Finish was several coats of black lacquer. Gold paint was from Hobby Lobby for the peacocks. I'll be sending it off this week and hope it get there before Christmas.

20231206_154932.jpg

20231206_154507.jpg

My wife uses Ship It and my sister just received it. She loved i and said it was perfect and loved the finish. 2 weeks to  finish this project

Glad your sister received it and loved it, but not surprised. Anyone would have. 🙂

I hope Karol’s foot is continuing to heal, albeit slowly and sorry you had to miss going to your sister’s for Christmas. Prayers said for Karol’s foot healing well. (Hubby’s feet are healing as well, albeit too slowly for him.😏 He has gotten both casts off and wearing boots but still on weight bearing thus  in wheelchair for a while longer.  Good news is e everything looks good so far. 👏🤞🏻🙏🏻)

7 hours ago, meflick said:

Glad your sister received it and loved it, but not surprised. Anyone would have. 🙂

I hope Karol’s foot is continuing to heal, albeit slowly and sorry you had to miss going to your sister’s for Christmas. Prayers said for Karol’s foot healing well. (Hubby’s feet are healing as well, albeit too slowly for him.😏 He has gotten both casts off and wearing boots but still on weight bearing thus  in wheelchair for a while longer.  Good news is e everything looks good so far. 👏🤞🏻🙏🏻)

Good days, bad days. Tries to do too much, slow going. Next week will be 8 weeks since accident.

• 3 weeks later...