My inkscape program is letting me down

Hudson River Rick

Hi everyone, 

I know that there are some folks on the Village site who use inkscape, including Travis, who is preety much a master of the program.  I am about as computer illiterate as legally possible,  but I was able to limp by mostly with the text portion of the program.  I was able to draw desk name signs, and  I could change the sroke color, and join the letters together using the union commamd.....now, all that I could do is out to lunch.  

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCEING PROBLEMS WITH inkscape.  I am guessing that I bobbed when I should have weaved and I upset the proverbial apple cart.  Can someone explain to how to remove the program from my computer so I cn try to reinstall it.  

I am using a pretty new iMAC with SONOMA 14.1.2.  Thank you for any help that is supplied, I'm trying to finish the last 🤪 Christmas order.

Rick

2 hours ago, Dave Monk said:

What problem are you having? My main complaint with Inkscape is the printing function. I can print on 13" x 19" paper with my printer but Inkscape doesn't support that so I have to save my work and print it through adobe. 

Ditto

I just used the program to link some letters together, such as I do for the "name with a rose" items. I was able to use both the "Union" and the "Combine" functions, independently of one another.

I am using Inkscape 1.3.2 (1:1.3.2+202311252150+091e20ef0f)  on an older Linux machine.

I’ve used Inkscape but haven’t had any problems.  Maybe not enough to see one yet.  I’d try rebooting or delete it through the add/remove and install the previous version just to see.  I have no problems printing.  I save it as a . jpg and use rapidresizer.  It costs about $40 a year but I use it enough to justify it.  You can also save the resizing pattern you made in case you want to do it against the same size.