Three weeks in the tool hospital

4 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

IDK, Wichman. The guy who worked on it wasn't available when I got it. No info on the receipt. 

That's amazing to me that they was able to fix this.. You sure they didn't just replace with another saw? I say this because I've seen literally hundreds of post over the years about the service centers not being able to figure out the problem.. and many times they end up just replacing the saw. 

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

That's amazing to me that they was able to fix this.. You sure they didn't just replace with another saw? I say this because I've seen literally hundreds of post over the years about the service centers not being able to figure out the problem.. and many times they end up just replacing the saw. 

That's what they did a number of years ago.  Took my DeWalt in, got it back & took it home.  Tested it and drove back to the service centre.  A week later, the sent me a brand new one!  Now I have an extra table top!

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

This place is an authorized DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita and Ryobi service center. Unfortunately, they didn't replace my Dewalt.  They've now got my Dewalt planer for repair. For some reason, it won't crank down to below 2". Hope it's just a simple fix 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

This place is an authorized DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita and Ryobi service center. Unfortunately, they didn't replace my Dewalt.  They've now got my Dewalt planer for repair. For some reason, it won't crank down to below 2". Hope it's just a simple fix 

I bet it is a wood chip that got stuck in the shaft mechanism that lets the head ride up and down. Simple fix.