5/7 Of All The Tools In Your Shop....

Since I don't have a lathe yet, I'd have to say I love my drill press. I'm not sure how I got along without it. I love having tools that are pretty much set up all of the time. I just go into my garage, flip the switch, drill my holes, and I'm done. No setup or breakdown.

I agree the coffee pot. You have to have coffee. Especially for me since my favorite time to work is the middle of the night. If you don't consider that a tool, the answer is my planer. The ability to plane solid wood down moved me away from plywood and took my scrolling to a whole new level. You can do intricate work with solid woods that would just crumble with ply.

its my table saw, i use it alot, then my lathe, but i have to be in the right mood , when i use the lathe. sounds funny, but maybe someone out there knows what i mean.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. And there are times that I'll stop right in the middle of whatever project I'm in the middle of and chuck a piece into the lathe. When you're sitting in your shop and you think the lathe is calling your name, THEN you've really got the lathe bug.

Just got around to reading this today but, I guess my most used and favorite next to my scrollsaw would be my 10" radial arm saw. That is without a doubt the most handy and convenient tool in my shop. I would be lost without it. I cut my scrolling boards to size with it, use its table to do many glue-ups, table again as a layout table and desk top. The radial arm saw is always ready to work. It is quick, handy, accurate, nearly never requires any setup. What a tool! :cool: