Magnifying And Led Light For Excalibur Ex-21

lj67909397

Hey All:

Looking for some advise. What power magnification is everyone using and how are they mounted to the saw. I currently have the magnetic type and attach them to the table...but they always seem to get in the way. As powerfull as the magnets are, the still seem to slide of. I looked in the SEYCO catalog and saw the ones in there that screw right into the side of the arm but it doesn't say what the magnification level is and maybe I overlooked it but I didn't see how bright the lights were either.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts suggestions etc.

Jay

• 6 months later...

I purchased a 90  LED light from Busy Bee in Canada. 

http://www.busybeetools.com/products/MAGNIFYING-LAMP-90-LEF-TABLE-MOUNTING.html

The amount of light is fantastic but when I look with the magifying lens with my glasses on I see the blade twice.  Take off my glasses or look with one eye it is nicely enlarged. 

I think there maybe a sweet spot but I can't seem to find it when I scroll.  I have used it for other things and it is fine.

I would suggest that you test out what ever light you are looking at on the scroll saw to make sure it magnifies the way you want it. 

don