Ps Wood Scroll Saws

kardar2

Never really heard of them. The machines seem really fiddly. The speeds are adjusted by belt drives. I'd rather have a dial to control my speeds. The exposed belt drive seems like a safety concern as well. Plus, I'm guessing you'd have to replace the belts on occasion too.

The blade changing is kinda strange too. Not sure how well I like the idea of removing the bottom blade holder attachment to simply replace the blade. Knowing my luck, I'd lose that blade holder in a pile of sawdust and I'd be out of luck. Plus, I'd want my blade changing to be tool-less.

Judging from the video, the machine sounds really loud. For that price, I think I'd stick with the Excalibur.

I posted the video below. Here's the website for those interested: http://www.pswood.com/scroll-saws/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YUA9Y6C6RIY

I checked into this saw when I was looking to buy. like Travis said there are some downfalls that I didn't care for. the speed change and the blade changing. One of my friends actually bought this saw for his wife, and I had a chance to look at it (he wanted to sell it). the blade holders were very different I think it would take me for ever to do fretwork with it. I'm really happy I didn't buy it and got the Dewalt.

last month I bought a used total shop scroll saw which is this saw under an old name. I used it some seems like a nice saw little vibration and solid. I did buy the quick release for it need to put in on. it is limited on the speeds because it is belt driven but how many speeds to you need? I find comfortable speed and leave it.

Hi,

I have the 21 ins. saw and like it, I also have a Hegner "clone". Yes the saws are different but I reckon, once you cast your prejudices aside and get used to the PS then it works well and is a good saw. I've had a blade break and no problem finding the bottom clamp, it falls to the bottom of the saw. As for the comment about danger from the belts, have another look at the video and you will see that the belts are covered by the stand. The service, should you need it is excellent, even at the distance across the oceans as I am.

Those are my comments for what they are worth.

Bob H.