Welcome to Bragging Rights

Travis

Well, this is a forum for you to show off a little. Show off your latest cutting, achievements, shop jigs, new tool, or even a picture of your new grand daughter. If its worth bragging about, this is the place for you! If you post pictures, please use your User Gallery embed code when possible (available on the photo information section). It just keeps things nice and organized and links nicely to your personal gallery. Have fun with this forum! :D

Here are a Few of my GREATEST Finishes

th_SleighRide.jpgth_Tracery-Fretwork4.jpgth_Welcome.jpgth_Santa.jpg

Enjoy the Eye Feast!

There are a few more that I have finished, But these are the major projects that I have encountered. Most of my others are Christmas Ornaments.

Here is also my Kingfisher Project completed in 3 Steps.

th_Kingfisher1.jpg

th_Kingfisher2.jpg

th_Kingfisher3.jpg

th_Kingfisher4.jpg

And my Polar Bear that I have completed.

th_PolarBear02.jpgth_PolarBear03.jpg

Enjoy

I really like that horse-drawn sleigh. That turned out wonderful. What kind of wood did you use for that? Its definitely on my cut list. I tried my hand at the Welcome sign last year. I was trying to cut it from 3/4" stock and didn't turn out very well. Maybe I'll give it another go now that I've seen yours. This time with some thinner stock! LOL.

Nicely done.

I really like that horse-drawn sleigh. That turned out wonderful. What kind of wood did you use for that? Its definitely on my cut list. I tried my hand at the Welcome sign last year. I was trying to cut it from 3/4" stock and didn't turn out very well. Maybe I'll give it another go now that I've seen yours. This time with some thinner stock! LOL.

Nicely done.

@Travis:

Thanks, I use a Combo of Either Oak Plywood with a Soft Core which ins't that Great, but The grain patterns on the Ply Looks Awesome or Baltic Birch 1/4".

I also use 1/2" Baltic on some of my Projects also, I like it cause it cuts really nice. Not much Splintering, tareouts, blowouts, etc.

this was my first attempt at ...i'm not sure what you'd call it...segmentation? intarsia?

i used scraps i had that were only about 1/8" thick...padauk, walnut and oak...just cut and glued together...

DSCF2865.jpg

and here's my hubby's christmas present...i figured i'd better make him something as he'd seen me make presents for many people throughout the past year.

padauk about 3/8" thick...just rubbed on natural danish oil.

DSCF2861.jpg

@Lori:

Them are Beary Nice! ;)

I like them, I've not attemtped Intarsia/Segmentation just yet, I seen some work over at wood-alley.com and i was impressed with Allisons work there.

It makes me interested in getting into the Hobby also, I may check it out soon, probably the coming summer once I'm able to get some more wood and all and be able to cut it and all with avoiding all Possible Snow lol.

Handi

thanks all :)

i probably won't do much with intarsia because i really don't have the interest in cutting thick materials or 'shaping' either :lol:

1/2" thick is the thickest i've cut anything and i really didn't like working with the wood that thick...i prefer to use stuff between 1/8 and 3/8".

i was thinking of making another teddybear or 2 for valentines day...

@ linda

that indian is awesome!

My first piece which is from Scrollsaw Workshop magazine from several years back..

groundzeroflag.jpg

Jumped right in on this one... I didn't realize just how intricate it was until my shop mentor/partner said 'I don't know why you tried that one first... I'd have done one less complex'. It was fun!

Another of my projects, was a name block, in this case my computer sign on Bulke

bulke2.jpg

@lynda

Boy, that rifle really turned out sharp! Reminds me of those Lone Ranger shows I use to watch as a kid. My dad made one of those from Wooden Teddy Bear. I think his was a cowboy on a horse. That turned out really neat too. They have a lot of great rifle patterns. What kind of wood did you use? I really like the shine! The cobra is pretty cool too. Nicely done!

@ned

I know what you mean. I just look for the cool looking projects, only to find out later that the one I chose is really hard....LOL. You did a beautiful job on it though. I also like the name plaque. The wood is awesome! Is it a spaulted wood of some sort?