Popular Post FrankEV Posted September 17 Popular Post Posted September 17 (edited) In as much as both of my previous Tree-of-Life’s were sold, I decided it was time to make another; however, I wanted it to be different from the previous versions. So, I made this, nominal 24” diameter - 136-piece, Tree-of-Life that features White Flowers and Green Leaves, from a pattern that I developed. The pattern offers a choice of mounting the work on a 24” diameter backer or the use of a partial hidden backer. For this piece I chose to use the hidden backer as the work is quite strong and, I felt, looks better with the open presentation. [Please note that there are a lot of shadows in the photograph that are not as strong when viewed in real life.] Wood Used: Green Heartwood Poplar, Purpleheart, Maple, Roasted Birch and Sapele. The Poplar Heartwood used for the leaves remained ‘Green enough’, so no enhancement was needed. The assembled piece is finished with multiple coats of clear semi-gloss Lacquer. #1 Dark image to get some color in leaves. #2 Light image - green washes away. In real life, the leaves are more 'green' viewed in natural light. Comments and critiques always welcome. The patter is posted in Pattern Exchange Edited September 17 by FrankEV MTCowpoke22, Fab4, TAIrving and 13 others 13 3 Quote
barb.j.enders Posted September 18 Posted September 18 Another beautiful piece. Hope it sells quickly for you. Thanks for the pattern. FrankEV 1 Quote
wombatie Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Beautiful. Really love the second one. Marg FrankEV 1 Quote
FrankEV Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 (edited) 17 hours ago, wombatie said: Beautiful. Really love the second one. Marg Same pic, just different camera settings. Could nt get rid of shadows and show that the leaves are somewhat green Edited September 21 by FrankEV wombatie 1 Quote
Scrolling Steve Posted yesterday at 01:45 PM Posted yesterday at 01:45 PM Nice, very Nice! FrankEV 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.