Hi from sunny Florida!!

agooday88

Hi... I am new at scroll sawing but getting better the more I do it. I love it and want to make so many beautiful intricate projects. But for now I cant because all I have is a PIN scroll saw and the hole has to be big for the pin to fit. So I cant make patterns with small spaces. :(  I am hoping to one day buy one that will take both pin and pinless. Then I will be good to go!

I have made some crosses and a few other simple projects and it is hard to do tight curves and sharp corners with my blades, since they are so wide and wont turn sharp like a pinless does. I had a different saw but the lower arm broke and so now  I am forced to use an old one that my Brother in law gave me.

I am happy to be here and I hope to meet many of you and share our stories and projects.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!!!!  :D

Hi Arlene,sorry nto here your having problems,i have a 18" dremil  that takes pin blades for you .If your in fort Lauderdale .I wore it out but have the new parts to make it like new again if your interested.i enjoyed it while it lasted.this is a new dremil that dremil set me as the old one wore out just before the warrenty of a year was about to expire.it only lasted me two months but your welcome to it.If I remember right it's an 1830.glad your very interested in scrolling !the club will bend over backward to help you with any questions about scrolling in the right forums.Glad to have you hope to see some of your work,enjoy!

Thank you all for your comments. I will look for an adapter. I will also try to take out the pin. But do you think a safety pin will be strong enough to hold?

As far as the saw, I really dont want a pinned one.Thank you for your kind offer.A friend of mine has a pinned one that she wants to give me and I refused it. I really want a pinless one.

I have so many projects that are very intricate that I want to do. :(

Hi, Welcome to the village. I am Mahendra from India.

A great tip by David, I did the same for a couple of months by slightly grinding the pin end to make it pointed and then knock out the pin and after threading put a safety pin, a bit frustating ! But for now you can give it a try:-)

Mahendra

Arlene,

Welcome to the village.  I noticed that you live in Florida.  I also live in Florida up in the pan handle.  If you are close enough I have a saw that you can use, until you get a new one..  I live in Crestview, let me know.

Chris

Hi Arlene,

I have a pinned saw that I used to use and I had the same dilemma you are facing. I chucked in a pin less blade tried it to see if it would hold it. The saw I am talking about is a Ryobi. It did work for me. The saw did not last very long before I had to buy replacement parts for it. The parts were cheap in more than one way, if you know what I mean, and I was ready to replace other parts before very long. Anyway, my point is.... you may want to try a pin less blade, even without an adaptor. It did work for me. I also have seen the adapters in different places too.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. Welcome to the Village and come back often

My new but old to me dremil 18" #1830 is waiting on a new home .the top arm bearing wore out in two months and is factory fresh replacement for the one I sent in on warranty.i have the replacement arm with adjoin pieces .it's a quick repair and take pinless blades plus you can spin the blade holder to do unlimited cuts sideways.