3 days later, I found the floor

nrscroller

HI all

Well on Sunday afternoon I started tearing up the shop. When my son was home he built 2 8 foot benches along walls which took up a lot of room and seemed to accumalate everything. I tore those out, and actually cut 2 of them down to make a smaller bench in the corner for a main bench and a small one by my 2 scroll saws for pattern paste up. I now have tools set up around the room and storage in the back part of the shop. I rewired and put plugs on the ceiling so if and when I decide to stud and insulate, all I have to do is move tools around and I will have open walls to work with. I finished up yesterday morning with wiring back up and now a little pickup and I am good to go for a while! I will consult with some friends and my son and watch for sales on studs, insulation and sheetrock at Menards.

Bill in Wisconsin.

It is nice to have some order in your shop. I have a pledge to clean up after each project but with overlaps it is not easy.

I this is for your work shop only I put up OSB on 2 of my walls and painted white.  Now I can easily hang stuff where ever without having to look for stud or using plugs.

Wish I did it on all walls.

When you get it done I look forward to some pics.

Don

Hi Bill:

Know what you mean

In order to clean my shop in the garage  I had to start in the basement,

Make cupboards to organize "my junk: as the wife calls it

Then little by little cleaned out the garage

I now have a better space to work in but still not fully done

I don't think I'll ever get there...........

I'm sure yours will look better than mine once we are done

Fab4

I agree....consider OSB. I will redo my shop and get rid of the sheetrock on my walls, probably early this winter. I like the idea of putting a nail where ever I need it and not have to contend with where the    studs are located. This has been my plan for some time and it is going to happen this winter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband as spent the last 2 Sundays cleaning up the garage and moving things around.  I said that was fine but touch my things and there will be a divorce by the end of the week.  Needless to say all of my things are exactly where I left them. ;):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marg