These holes are way out!

Here is the reason why your holes should be cut at 90 degrees and not with a hand drill.

The holes come out the other side and you can't cut the pattern.

See we all make mistakes that's how we learn.

It was a day I thought I'd be clever and just drill the holes with the drill instead of my pillar drill. oops.

Roly

post-2228-0-95674100-1388740057_thumb.jpg

I've done that myself with the same results. Nothing saves time like doing it properly!!!!!

How is the storm your way Roly? Its not too bad in sunny Bournemouth!!!

Richie

HI Richie.

I'm surrounded in water which ever way I Travel hope it disappears before Monday I'm back to work but the weather forecast is more rain.

Oh by the way my dusk mask turned up today I feel like Darth Vader brilliant mask I've been using it all morning. Thanks for the tip.

Roly

Thats a purdy good dragonfly but why did you give a sermon on drilling holes?

Larry

If you look close enough Larry you'll see some holes right next to the cut or half way into a cut, so if you turned it over it would be in the right position but if I cut them they would go straight into the other cut and drop out so they have been drilled at the wrong angle. hence sermon.  ;)  :D

Roly

Matt I agree with you if your doing just one but this was stack cut off three and you will need a good eye and steady hand to drill the three without going out if the cuts are so close together if you know what I mean, if the cuts were further apart it wouldn't make any difference.

Thanks for the feed back folks.

Roly

HI Richie.

I'm surrounded in water which ever way I Travel hope it disappears before Monday I'm back to work but the weather forecast is more rain.

Oh by the way my dusk mask turned up today I feel like Darth Vader brilliant mask I've been using it all morning. Thanks for the tip.

Roly

Roly,  My wife has been calling me Darth Vader ever since I started wearing this mask. Hope the water goes down before Monday or you will be spending more time in the workshop!!!!!

Richie

Roly,  My wife has been calling me Darth Vader ever since I started wearing this mask. Hope the water goes down before Monday or you will be spending more time in the workshop!!!!!

Richie

I can still fit the full face helmet over it for turning. here's a pic I'm going to spray the helmet black. lol :lol:

The Phantom unveiled again.

Roly

post-2228-0-66697600-1388766383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Hi Roly:

After looking at your picture with your mask on, I couldn't resist on trying my pattern making skills

How did  I do?

Fab4

Actually, I cannot tell a lie

This pattern was done for me a few years ago to add to my Darth Vader collection

I'm still at the learning stage for pattern making.

But if I would make the pattern this is what I would have done

post-1458-0-28414000-1388827053_thumb.jpg

Hi Roly:

After looking at your picture with your mask on, I couldn't resist on trying my pattern making skills

How did  I do?

Fab4

Actually, I cannot tell a lie

This pattern was done for me a few years ago to add to my Darth Vader collection

I'm still at the learning stage for pattern making.

But if I would make the pattern this is what I would have done

attachicon.gifDARTH.jpg

Brilliant job looks exactly like me. :lol:  haa haa  :razz:

Roly

There are attachments available for hand drills and dremel tools  to replace a drill press.

I tried to include a direct link to a picture but, it would not attach.

I just searched HAND DRILL ATTACHMENTS and found pics of the spring loaded machine

that you attach your hand drill to.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Edited by spirithorse

Roly - try using wood without it being infested with woodworm !!!!! :razz: :razz:

Seriously though, been there seen it and done it, thats why I invested £20 on a plunge router attatchment for my dremmel - best piece of kit I bought in a long time (except my ex21 lol) it works perfectly and there's no pillar to work around either.

Keith