1st Fair of the Season

Hi all. Just thought I'd let you know how the Craft Fair went, yesterday - (Thanks for asking Roy)

All was good, and things got quite busy for the 1st of the season. I sold quite a few pieces and got quite a crowd for the commissioned stuff (& plenty of cards requested) - Although I am really short of space and need to give that some thought. Another quietly spoken stall-holder approached at the end of the day, and said he had something to tell me. He was 3rd generation Romany Gypsy from the New Forrest, and that he very rarely had much to say to anyone (being somewhat 'a recluse'). He pointed out 2 particular items that I had, and how much he was drawn to them. He said "I feel that I knew someone would produce these images one day and you must continue to choose your items by instinct". With that, he turned away, and I didn't see him again. It sure did make me think (as I spent 8 - yes 8! hours on Saturday, going through every PDF / pattern / book / magazine that I own - picking out all my new projects). VERY strange, but also quite thought provoking. I'm sure there'll be more to update on, as and when.

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

post-5837-0-88732100-1396265362_thumb.jpg

Nice display ,a lot of time and prep before and after a show required ,Well Done!! If it is not a secret which 2 item's did he fore see ? In my expierence my instinct's are often controled by my mood at the time and situation . Some Good some Bad ,thought provokeing ,to say the least,may be that was, the message ,That's just my instinct's talking out load .Change you mood ,and you change your instinct's !!

I love all of your stuff Nick, very well set out.  Were the Rag Wreaths yours too?  They look interesting.

Marg

Thanks Marg. Yes, I know she won't mind me saying...I have a very talented wife (all handmade) - the wreaths of course...NOT my wife LOL :)

More can be seen here if they interest you. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tinkers-cove/Rag-Wreaths-/_i.html?_fsub=4173231016&_sid=169836976&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

Looks like your display would catch the eye of anyone passing your booth. Nice assortment of nicely cut things. Did you stack cut your commissioned items, or borrow them back to display ? Very nicely done

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Dick.

What I tend to do with the commissions is cut 2 individual portraits (some of the thicker ones can't be stacked anyway). It seems a long way of doing things, but some of the intricate work is best not to attempt when stacking - particularly with my previous saw.

Thanks for your interest.

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

Edited by Nick@tinkers-cove

"... Although I am really short of space and need to give that some thought..."

I gave this issue a lot of thought myself and came up with displays similar to yours that I clamp to my four foot long tables.  I normally use four of them but could fit six into a ten foot by ten foot space.  I put them in an "L" shaped display or a horse shoe shaped one.

Your display is very nice as are your products

Great looking display. Gives us some ideas.

Only been doing this for a little over a year so still lots to learn. Our first fair was last month. We've been accepted at a juried fair that is held monthly, and last month, even with damp weather we did pretty well. Looking forward to it as the weather improves even more. We use 4 6' tables per 10x10 booth, and found table cloths that drape all they way to the ground on all 4 sides.