CWCM - (Creative Woodworks & Crafts Magazine)

edward

It's always a shame to here of people going bankrupt but some do it deliberately when in trouble so as not to pay the debtors and others pay out so much money on new technology they can't afford repayments plus the renting of new buildings nd machines which keep putting the rent up. I'm surprised to hear of a craft magazine going to the wall with the amount of people that would have registered,must be some other underlined issues here.  Ed your lucky you didn't subscribe you would never had seen your money back. Roly

I'm sad to see them go.  I've always enjoyed their magazine.  Many print magazines/newspapers are struggling to keep up with New Media.  Especially when anything you need to know is a click away.  They had great designs and great designers.  It certainly will be a hole left in the scrolling community.

Sheila Landry posted a great blog article about their closure:  http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/blog/post/3641544

I'm sad to see them go.  I've always enjoyed their magazine.  Many print magazines/newspapers are struggling to keep up with New Media.  Especially when anything you need to know is a click away.  They had great designs and great designers.  It certainly will be a hole left in the scrolling community.

Sheila Landry posted a great blog article about their closure:  http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/blog/post/3641544

Thanks for the link Travis, it's the people with no jobs I few sorry for especially if it was so sudden no one saw it coming.

We don't get many scrollsaw magazines here in fact I don't know of one as I always look for woodwork magazines in our newsagents here and have a woodturning magazines every month. Who knows someone might come up with some money and save them. Roly

Fox Chapel is not the parent company of of CWCM.  see below

Carving Magazine, Creative Woodworks and Crafts, and Woodturning magazine are owned by All American Crafts.

Woodcarving Illustrated, Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts, Pyrography, and a host of other special issues are owned by Fox Chapel Publishing.

All American Crafts is the company that closed. 

Fox Chapel is still open for business and will continue

good tip, Pat. I do not subscribe to it but I do have a couple of their issues.  I think printed newspapers, magazine and maybe even books are going to be rapidly disappearing from existence before too long. This computerized world is causing a lot of things to go into the history books.. think 'typewriter' for one

Dick

heppnerguy

• 1 year later...

i cant believe they went belly up, i loved that magazine and i just found out as the subscription site i used refunded my paypal money but only after about five weeks. *** do they still have the mag listed on their site? at least i got my money back but im really bummed i wont get any more issues. all the ones i have should be worth more now?

Northener, you are aware that this subject was started in 2014, right? I would like to know just for curiosities sake, how you came across this subject? I mean no offense, but, sometimes I wonder how these old postings are brought to the forefront. Where did you order, or try to renew your subscription? How could you be so bummed out, they stopped selling CWWC almost two years ago? One other thing, it might be just me, but, I don't think there's any need for the *** in your query.
Len

i cant believe they went belly up, i loved that magazine and i just found out as the subscription site i used refunded my paypal money but only after about five weeks. do they still have the mag listed on their site? at least i got my money back but im really bummed i wont get any more issues. all the ones i have should be worth more now?

It was not just the scrollsaw mag that went under but ALL of their craft magazines something like 15 different magazines that had been around since the 1990's.

DW

yeah, i knew it was an old thread and i had resubscribed to the mag awhile back and then i got a paypal refund from the magazine sub service i use so i wondered why they did that so i did some searching and came across this thread and found out they went belly up. i bumped it so others would see they are out of business before they try to subscribe.

i still cant believe they are done? it was such a great mag but must not have had enough subscribers?

is their any other scrolling mags besides Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts?

The Scrollsaw Association of the World (SAW) just recently started publishing a quarterly magazine/newsletter called "SawDust".  However, it's only available to members of SAW.  I'm not a member, but I know a few and have seen the magazine.  It looks to be pretty well done with lots of interesting content and some nice, free patterns.