Old Barn

heppnerguy

This is a pattern by Paul (Grampa). I down loaded it awhile back, not being sure if it was something I had the ability to cut or not. I ran across it the other day, in my pattern collection and knew that I still wanted to cut it. so here is my efforts. Thank you Paul for the pattern, it was a pleasure for me to cut. Sorry for the poor photo..

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-28788500-1411769944_thumb.png

Very nice ,we still have many still standing here ,some shorter some taller ,just a thought for all of you who are afraid of spiral blades this type of patterns are perfect first projects for the wary first time spiral users. Any boo boo 's you make only add a bit more character to the subject ,and you will see that they are really useful and controlable ,and have abilities straight blades do not !!

Every old structures are unique in their condition and no one but you will know if you err! beautiful job on that barn ,I ment nothing to deminish your piece of work just stating this is a great start because each are totally unique , and very popular scenes all over this counrty !  My Best ! Carl

I actually decided to try a spiral on this one, even though I do not like them. I did the trees in the background but was happy to go back to my more comfortable straight cut blades. I am not vond of the spirals because they are difficult for me to control and give me too rough of a cut. i see what you mean on this particular piece, Carl. I just can't make myself fall in love with the spiral blades. to those that have mastered them, my hat is off to them, but for me.. No Thanks. It was not a difficult piece to cut but I did find it  to be interesting and not as challenging as I thought it would be.. I think I can cut about any pattern I decide to try a go at.

Dick

heppnerguy

I have that pattern saved from a while back.  Hope to do it in the not too distant future.  Hope mine comes out as well as yours. 

I have moved to the more detailed patterns lately because of some advice given me on another forum.  I was admiring some  of Charles Dearing's work and stated I wanted to be able to scroll like him someday.  One of the members said give it a try, just worry one cutout at a time.  So I did and found that maybe I'm not as good as Charles Dearing, but I can do more difficult patterns than I thought.  It is certainly worth trying. 

Right, Dick?  I bet you do more of the more detailed patterns now.

Edited by Scrappile

Well, first of all, I really enjoyed cutting it. It was not as difficult as I imagined it would be. It is approx  8 X11 inches in size.. We have a lot of old barns around here that are in the process of falling apart because farming has changed so much and they are of no or little value any longer. Yes, Scrappile.. I love the name you use.

Thanks for all the nice comments

Dick

heppnerguy