"New" old guy from Iowa

jerry1939

Hi All,

I live in North Liberty, Iowa.  Iowa has 2 seasons.  Winter and road construction.  Served my country more years ago than I will admit to.  Lovely, Sweet Wife & I are married 52 years & have 4 sons.

Do wood carving in the kitchen during the winter & scroll in the unheated garage during the summer.  Donate almost everything to a Ministry group at our Church.  They dole them out to people they call on that are going through tough times in their lives.

Am cursed with a sense of humor that doesn't quit.

jerry

Big old WELCOME ,Got you beat 55yrs,come 2/14 -4 sons ,moved from area NE as You described ,do both in  house in winter .and summer dust and chip free ,when not interrupted by other interests , Can't compete w/ your church activities ,have the same curse gets me into trouble some times .Jump in join the best kept secret in scrolling !

Hi All,

I live in North Liberty, Iowa.  Iowa has 2 seasons.  Winter and road construction.  Served my country more years ago than I will admit to.  Lovely, Sweet Wife & I are married 52 years & have 4 sons.

Do wood carving in the kitchen during the winter & scroll in the unheated garage during the summer.  Donate almost everything to a Ministry group at our Church.  They dole them out to people they call on that are going through tough times in their lives.

jerry

Hi All,

jerry

Hello Mr. Jerry! You whittlers are a rare breed,It's incredible what you guys turn out! I too give religious stuff out and it seems like the timing is perfect in their lives to receive what i give!You can see their eye's kind of get glassy,(watery).Well long story short,we're your kind of people here,Pull up a chair ,pour a cup of coffee and make lots of friends,WELCOME SIR!

I too wish to welcome you to The Village. I too have been with my bride for over 50 years. The Village is a huge family that is located all over the world, and we always are most welcoming of new family members. There is a lot of talent here, some cutters, some pattern makers as well. We love anything to do with woodworking and if you have any photos of your carvings we are all interested in seeing them too. I love your attitude for giving to your church to help others. I too donate things for fund raisers and to my church. I also sell a few pieces but mostly I enjoy making gifts for others. Take time to look everywhere on this site, Jerry. There is much to see and many people to meet. I hope you come back often as that is how everyone gets to know one another. Any questions or suggestions is always welcome.. 

Dick

heppnerguy