A Little Word Art - THE REST OF THE STORY..

Scrappile

Do to a family emergency, we had a great nephew stay with us for a few days.  He is 12 and to be truthful, I have been around him very little.  To say the least I was pretty nervous  and not sure how it would work out.  But all went very well.  Him and I hit it off pretty good and he showed interest in my wood working.  So I sat him at the scroll saw.  I drew some lines on a piece of wood and told him to follow those lines.  Really surprised me he practiced for several hours.  I did not think it would keep him busy for more than a few minutes.  But, he really enjoyed it and given time and practice I think he could master it. 

I took his picture to send to his Mom.  Told her he was okay, still had two thumbs and 7 fingers.  I thought she would panic but she was very supportive of it all.  This is the future master doing his business:

IMG_2536.jpg

Time ran out an he had to go home, but he asked me to cut this for him to give to his Mom on Mother's Day.  I think she will enjoy it.  Not as much as if he had been able to cut it but still he picked it out and is excited to give it to her.  It is a Steve Good pattern.

Best%20Mom%204%2026%202015.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

Even more important than me and my great nephew scrolling is the story of the reason he came to stay with us for a few days. 

You do not think you will experience this but you read about it. What I am talking about is reading about some young kid dropping dead while playing some sports or something. Will last week my great nephew, 13 years old, this boy's older brother, collapsed in PE at school and essentially died. His heart stopped. The PE teacher immediately started CPR and kept it up for many minutes until the Fire Chief came. The Fire Chief came because there was no one else available to respond, they were all out on calls. The Fire Chief and PE teacher continued CPR until an Ambulance could arrive. Got him to the hospital and "brought him back" got him stabilized and had him flown to a hospital in a larger city that specializes in heart attacks. They discovered he had a rare heart condition and it required a pace maker to keep his heart beating correctly. Next morning he went in surgery, the following day they brought him home and he is doing very well. From dead to feeling very well, in fact he told his mom he felt better then he could ever remember feeling, in two days.

The PE teacher and Fire Chief deserve metals of some sort. The saved his life.

It is all pretty amazing to me and my niece has 4 boys. I was also amazed at how people stepped in to help. We took second oldest boy to take care of for a few days. That in it's self turned out to be a blessing. I am not very use to being around today's young kids. In fact they terrify me.  But all at the like I say the guy and me hit it off and had a good time.

Life can be amazing!

Edited by Scrappile

I’m glad he is ok. I have been a Paramedic for 18 years and have been on those type of calls. Some had happy endings like yours and others did not. I suggest that anyone with children that want to play sports get a more in depth physical than the regular sports physicals. They should include an EKG, blood work and x-rays. There are many congenital defects that can escape a routine physical assessment. Again, I’m glad he is ok. Best wishes, Bob.

Thanks, Paul!
I really enjoyed both of your stories since the second one had a happy ending.

As you may know, we recently had a scare with my 2 year old grand-son who had

to have heart surgery and we were also blessed with a happy out-come.

I have tears in my eyes but, they are tears of joy that your stories both worked out

well.

Thank you and God Bless! Spirithorse

i have seen a lot of death in last 2 weeks (got another funeral tomorrow) great to hear this young man is gonna be okay and monitored closer. as far as the the wood worker in training . you have man a impression and exposed him to maybe his calling and talent in life. great job