hAVEN' BEEN POSTING PROJECTS

amazingkevin

Been so involved with pain I'm not thinking right.I did do some larger flying eagles as the smaller ones are to stressful and too easy to make a mistake.the two or three walnut ones i did are 10"-15" & 20 inch.The aromatic cedar one is 24" on the Dewalt.It exploded a few times from bad wood ,glued together 26" blank to work from and vibration.I did all i could but will bring to the owner to have him re glue it together and then i'll piece  together whats missing from scrap.I found most of what broke out but not all. My floor outside needs attention badly ,like a major clean up.He was giving me $10. an hour as he's my good wood supplier,so a breaks in order.The 10" one took 2 hours. The 24" one took 6 hours as you know the dewalt is a 20" throat.Plus looking for the pieces in the mess took time too. patterning and enlarging plus scotch taping 6 copy paper piece's together trimmed all 4 sides took time to.It all adds up.post-1607-0-65229900-1434943442_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-27486400-1434943476_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-63524000-1434943501_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-33656300-1434943530_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-50258900-1434943578_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-53383600-1434943610_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-96807000-1434943640_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-24775200-1434943676_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-28465200-1434943699_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-72746000-1434943726_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-31609800-1434943760_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-56516200-1434943797_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-36840000-1434943836_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-15117400-1434943894_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-50190200-1434944040_thumb.jpg

Hi there Kevin, glad to see you getting back on track....Eagle is looking great. Got

me eating my heart out.printed the pattern the other day, going to give it a shot soon.

I looked at your photo of scrap box and said...looks like the eagle has landed lol..

Take care friend and be well.

Sorry to hear of your pain issue I can relate.  I like the eagles of the different woods.  As for the cedar when working from glue ups of thin stock I have found that it pays to be real aware of the knots and the surrounding wood.  One of the things I have found is if I get a knot that is loose then I can drop a couple of drops of super glue along the edges of that loose knot and that helps stabilize the piece.  I do the same with any checks from the knot area as well.  Working with aromatic cedar is always one of the more "fun" woods to make something large from, being as it has such variable grain strength.

DW

So sorry to hear about your bout with pain,I can relate,Foot problems myself.Glad to see your a fighter and staying with what ya Love.Your Eagle is AWESOME. :thumbs: :thumbs: I have worked with Cedar I know how hard and sometimeseasy it can be to cut. Top Notch job Kevin.Hope your feeling better Real soon. :)

Hi there Kevin, glad to see you getting back on track....Eagle is looking great. Got

me eating my heart out.printed the pattern the other day, going to give it a shot soon.

I looked at your photo of scrap box and said...looks like the eagle has landed lol..

Take care friend and be well.

Thanks Gordie,I bought an extra fan as i could smell the walnut and cedar as i cut. But could find no traces of saw dust in my nose after sawing hours on end.My nose is way to close to my work with 6x power glasses.But i need them so as not to veer off the lines into trouble land i can't fix.Yeah my friend has shelves up high in his house for all the eagles and alot of other things i made.They sure look good up there. :)The eagles are all 1" thick.The blanks i cut them out of are over size so that leaves me plenty of scrap in my treasure box,lol :cool: 

Ouch Kevin, I'm sorry to be reading that your having it tough, I hope things get better real soon. Takd care.

Len

The ouch should be capital letters and a 9.5 in the pain scale.I'm enduring.I'm walking around like i have frozen ankle and walking on eggs.But feel so much better .Been sick at least 6 years and didn't know it.Funny how Medicaid doctors didn't know things are a miss with blood tests and all.for a year now that i finally got medicate.Thanks for your sentiments! :)

Sorry to hear of your pain issue I can relate.  I like the eagles of the different woods.  As for the cedar when working from glue ups of thin stock I have found that it pays to be real aware of the knots and the surrounding wood.  One of the things I have found is if I get a knot that is loose then I can drop a couple of drops of super glue along the edges of that loose knot and that helps stabilize the piece.  I do the same with any checks from the knot area as well.  Working with aromatic cedar is always one of the more "fun" woods to make something large from, being as it has such variable grain strength.

DW

Thanks DW, i'll have to remember that .I tryed some gorrila super glue on a job trying to fix broken vertical blinds.I was so impressed at the quick grab and hold i think i'll use it with my wood work instead of CA glues.It comes i clear or tinted.Yeah aromatic cedar is loaded with weak spots.This was a good lesson learned.

So sorry to hear about your bout with pain,I can relate,Foot problems myself.Glad to see your a fighter and staying with what ya Love.Your Eagle is AWESOME. :thumbs: :thumbs: I have worked with Cedar I know how hard and sometimes easy it can be to cut. Top Notch job Kevin.Hope your feeling better Real soon. :)

Thanks Bobby,Man the golden years came on quick with all the quirks and pains to boot.I'm fortunate to have found a sit down hobby i can deal with

Kevin, you have such amazing talent. I am always impressed with your work. I'm sorry to hear about your pain, but glad you are getting proper treatment. It's sad that it took the medical profession a year to find the problem.

Thanks Kris,Good to hear somebody likes what i do! I don't know if i have bad insurance or what but they've got plenty of office calls from me .Seems like they want me to stay sick so the keep getting a check.Been over a year  with the doc, i switched hospitals and they fixed me in 8 days? :shock: