Shopsmith scroll saw

Mabel H.

I purchased a shopsmith scroll saw, it is an older model, 555272.

I am new to scroll sawing, other than playing with  a cheap dremel I have had for many years.

I realize that this isn't the best saw, but it does the job with a little extra effort.

My question is whether there are others who are using this particular model, and if so what they thought of the blade change upgrade. It looks like a definite improvement, but not sure I want to invest more money in the shopsmith or use as is and upgrade at a later time if I see the need.

I purchased a shopsmith scroll saw, it is an older model, 555272.

I am new to scroll sawing, other than playing with  a cheap dremel I have had for many years.

I realize that this isn't the best saw, but it does the job with a little extra effort.

My question is whether there are others who are using this particular model, and if so what they thought of the blade change upgrade. It looks like a definite improvement, but not sure I want to invest more money in the shopsmith or use as is and upgrade at a later time if I see the need.

I think this might be your sawpost-1607-0-95805500-1444569568_thumb.jpg and it looks like a pinned blade type saw.I would use it bas is as i don't think there are up grades for it.

Edited by amazingkevin

I've owned my Shopsmith since 1982 and while I have many of the add-on's (band saw, jointer, belt sander), I never purchased the scroll saw. I don't think you'll find a better place to get scroll saw questions answered than here at SSV. However for specific Shopsmith questions you might try their forum.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/index.php?&sid=4bcfbaa0514e42ee90c067b1fae550a3