P.O.W Eagle intarsia

Clayton717

• 2 months later...

I agree, excellent work. I am in awe of the time, patience, and talent shown in this piece of art. Clearly you put your hear and soul into it. I look forward to hearing how you do with it at the fair. If you don't win, please make sure you take a pic and share of what did as I can't imagine what it would be to beat this. Thanks for sharing your work in progress and the finished project wit photos. As a newbie to the craft, I like seeing the progression and its completion. It will be quite a while before I would under take a project like this I think!

Clayton,

This proves you are indeed an intarsia artist. This is extremely well done. I am still amazed when I see something so expertly make. From the wood choices to the cutting and shaping and finally the finish on it. Nothing could be done any nicer. Take a bow, you deserve one, or two or more

Dick

heppnerguy

I agree, excellent work. I am in awe of the time, patience, and talent shown in this piece of art. Clearly you put your hear and soul into it. I look forward to hearing how you do with it at the fair. If you don't win, please make sure you take a pic and share of what did as I can't imagine what it would be to beat this. Thanks for sharing your work in progress and the finished project wit photos. As a newbie to the craft, I like seeing the progression and its completion. It will be quite a while before I would under take a project like this I think!

Thank you.  I will post how I did at the fair, It starts 2 weeks from today.

Clayton,

This proves you are indeed an intarsia artist. This is extremely well done. I am still amazed when I see something so expertly make. From the wood choices to the cutting and shaping and finally the finish on it. Nothing could be done any nicer. Take a bow, you deserve one, or two or more

Dick

heppnerguy

thank you Dick.

• 3 weeks later...

You are so deserving of the award at the fair. It has to make you proud when you put so much into a piece and you get the recognition for your work. I hope it has a really special place to hang where many can admire it... CONGRATULATIONS ON A TREMENDOUS JOB

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank you Dick. I was working our woodworkers guild booth at the fair which is in the building all the woodwork and art is displayed. I had several people stop and talk to me about it, and several I overheard talking about it. It got many compliments even some thanks from other Vets. It makes you feel good when it makes others happy. to see peoples faces when you tell them how its made, a few thought it was one piece of wood and carved like that when I told them it was over 230 individual pieces they just stared at me. It will hang in my little "gallery " in my home

• 4 weeks later...