P.O.W Eagle intarsia

Clayton717

Well Clayton, there's no sense in anyone else entering into the contest, this has got to be the winner. It is one of the most outstanding pieces that I've ever seen, you should be proud of this one. Will you be selling it, or, is it a keeper? If you were to sell it, how much would you expect to get for it? With all of the hours that you've got into it, it would be hard to put a price on it.

Len

Well Clayton, there's no sense in anyone else entering into the contest, this has got to be the winner. It is one of the most outstanding pieces that I've ever seen, you should be proud of this one. Will you be selling it, or, is it a keeper? If you were to sell it, how much would you expect to get for it? With all of the hours that you've got into it, it would be hard to put a price on it.

Len

I made it for me and to enter into the fair. But if someone wants it I can always make another one. I keep track of all my time when making a project for the first time so I know what to charge. This is my hobby not my job, so I don't charge a lot per hour but as long as it supports it self(and it does) I'm happy. My price for this piece is $ 475. 

I got it all done with several coats of finish. It measures 20 x 32 and has 230+ pieces. I've got 45 hours in it. The woods used were. Aspen, aromatic red cedar, poplar, walnut, wenge, yellowheart, northern white cedar, honey locus and oak. The P.O.W flag and letters are oak that I ebonized and the blue is aspen that has been dyed. Everything else is natural colors of the wood. I really enjoyed making this one. It will be entered into our county fair later this summer.

post-1607-0-75213000-1462198833_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-56014400-1462198871_thumb.jpg