Crying

wombatie

I cut this piece out last week and yesterday I glued it to its base.  Went in the garage with Terry when he got home to ask him something and thought I would just check if it had stuck ok.  Picked it up, yes stuck fine.  Turned it upside down to show Terry the bottom and whammo off it falls and breaks.  :o  :o  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:  Had to phone Queensland again this morning to order another piece, lucky for me the wedding isn't until October.  It's not the first piece to break and it won't be the last but boy it is gut wrenching when it happens.  Forgot to mention the pattern is by Steve Good and the original pattern is for a cake topper.

https://goo.gl/photos/vcmQmtRZBaeQeP8y7

Marg

Edited by wombatie

I cut this piece out last week and yesterday I glued it to its base.  Went in the garage with Terry when he got home to ask him something and thought I would just check if it had stuck ok.  Picked it up, yes stuck fine.  Turned it upside down to show Terry the bottom and whammo off it falls and breaks.  :o  :o  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:  Had to phone Queensland again this morning to order another piece, lucky for me the wedding isn't until October.  It's not the first piece to break and it won't be the last but boy it is gut wrenching when it happens.  Forgot to mention the pattern is by Steve Good and the original pattern is for a cake topper.

Marg

Sorry to hear that Marg, You must have been devastated when that beautiful piece hit the deck. I bet you said "goodness me". We have, as you know, Marg, a Scottish way of saying the same thing, but it's unprintable. ;) . Now I'm sure you'll make another one  just as good, or possibly better, knowing you. Good luck and take care.

Rob roy.

Marg

thanks for showing your work !Looks great ,now make another even better !I think i'll make one for the cake lady down the street.she makes an awfull lot of wedding cakes,,Thanks!

Hey Marge,

Blame it on Terry.... It's his fault you went into the garage to ask him something....

If you didn't go in there you wouldn't have picked it up, and it wouldn't have broke......

Sorry Terry, Iam on Marge's side... That's how my wife would access it. Not a doubt in my mind. Now doesn't that make

you feel a little better?

Jack

I feel for ya Marge, I had that happen with the first attempt of the Dr. Who cutting. It really does make you want to cry. On the other hand, I'm sure the stream of expletives coming out of your mouth must have sounded great with an Australian accent. At least I'm sure it did to an American ear. On the upside, at least you didn't wait for the last minute to do this piece.

Barry

I actually meant to post this in General not Bragging, I feel as if I bragged about it breaking.  :huh:   Actually I just looked at it and said, that I was glad it did it now while I still had it and not when it was all finished and the customer had it.  So no the air didn't go blue I just came inside and found the phone number and sizes that I needed for when I rang the supplier the next day.  Even I was worried about how calm I was.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marg