More Trinket Boxes

Dave Monk

My customer picked up these boxes this morning at the Farmers Market and was very pleased, which of coarse pleased me. They measure 6" x 8" made of maple, cherry and walnut. I am also including a couple other simple projects that I have added to my collection this week. dave

There's something missing in each and every Dave Monk projects and i just figured it out.There are no mistakes!

Ralph, On the boxes I put a piece of cherry on top of the maple and cut through at about 2 1/2 degree angle and cut the image in. I glue that in and then lay a piece of walnut on top of that and cut my lettering in. The biggest trick is making sure you glue it in well so when you do your second inlay little pieces of the first don't fall out. I use double faced scotch tape when I stack the two pieces together for cutting. I'm thinking when Jim Finn does his he uses a hot glue gun. I don't have one so I have never tried that. In my oppinion the thicker the wood the harder it is to get a good job. dave