Christmas presents for the kids and mom

banderson

Just finished the last of the Christmas presents for the family.  I think the kids have forgotten that I was making them but not sure.  The street sweeper has a special story.  My oldest came up to me and drew a design for a street sweeper and wanted me to make it.  He then took the paper back and drew out all the part drawings.  He is seven so the plan made sense in his head not on paper.  So we worked together to get a design and a plan that he liked and looked like the plan in his head.  His most important items were the siren on top and the brushes had to turn on the ground.  Both were accomplished.  The Mormon temple was a plan that Tony made for me from a picture.  It the pattern was great my cutting was decent.  It was a good challenge and something I had never done.

post-29725-0-98342100-1482335632_thumb.jpg

post-29725-0-61901500-1482335688_thumb.jpg

post-29725-0-00858600-1482335718_thumb.jpg

post-29725-0-76006600-1482335751_thumb.jpg

Just finished the last of the Christmas presents for the family.  I think the kids have forgotten that I was making them but not sure.  The street sweeper has a special story.  My oldest came up to me and drew a design for a street sweeper and wanted me to make it.  He then took the paper back and drew out all the part drawings.  He is seven so the plan made sense in his head not on paper.  So we worked together to get a design and a plan that he liked and looked like the plan in his head.  His most important items were the siren on top and the brushes had to turn on the ground.  Both were accomplished.  The Mormon temple was a plan that Tony made for me from a picture.  It the pattern was great my cutting was decent.  It was a good challenge and something I had never done.

attachicon.gif20161205_1933331.jpg

attachicon.gif20161220_0601142.jpg

attachicon.gif20161220_0601491.jpg

attachicon.gif20161220_0605321.jpg

very nice wood working skills!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent job all around.  I am sure your family was more than pleased with their gifts.  It is great that your son and you were able to work together to come up with the working plan for the street sweeper.  He will treasure it I am sure and you may have the beginnings of an engineer there in that one. Thanks for sharing your pics and your story.