5' X 5' BB grade ply.

hawkeye10

I'm buying 5' x 5' 1/2" Baltic Birch in Fort Worth, TX for $14. I have never priced 3/4". 1/8" I am giving $20. Go figure. dave

Dave, that's sickening news to me, I pay almost that much for a piece that is 12"x24". Of course I have to buy it at Michael's, there's no where else to buy it. I could buy it on the net, but by the time I pay duty and taxes it's no cheaper then Michael's.

Len

Dave, that's sickening news to me, I pay almost that much for a piece that is 12"x24". Of course I have to buy it at Michael's, there's no where else to buy it. I could buy it on the net, but by the time I pay duty and taxes it's no cheaper then Michael's.

Len

Len try buying from this place. They give very good service. I had an order that was damaged in shipment and I sent them a picture and they shipped me boards to correct the damage.

http://ocoochhardwoods.com/plywood.php

Merry Christmas

I just called the lumber company that I buy from and how much 3/4" 5 x 5 BB grade ply was. They said $22 and change a sheet. That seems cheap for the good grade of ply. Those that might know do you have any comments that might help me.

Merry Christmas

Here in Kennesaw, Ga 1/4 BB is $18 bucks. 1/2 is $20 bucks, and 3/4 is 34 bucks all 5x5 sheets

peachstatelumber.com

770-428-3622

Toll Free 866-696-2901

These folks at Peach State lumber are super nice and love helping people. They will be glad to answer any question you may have.

Here in Kennesaw, Ga 1/4 BB is $18 bucks. 1/2 is $20 bucks, and 3/4 is 34 bucks all 5x5 sheets

peachstatelumber.com

770-428-3622

Toll Free 866-696-2901

These folks at Peach State lumber are super nice and love helping people. They will be glad to answer any question you may have.

I buy most of my wood from PeachState in Kennesaw. Just wish they would carry 1/8" bb; I have to drive to Cleveland, GA every couple of years to stock up.

I get my 5'x5'x1/8 BB" plywood for $20 a sheet.  5'x5'x1/4" is about $30.  The same place does sell 3/4" for about $60.  I think they quoted you the wrong price.  Can I ask what you are using 3/4" BB for?

Scott I was thinking about using it to cut some stand up puzzles. You are paying $60 for 3/4" 5'x5' which is 25 square feet which is $2.40 a square foot. Walnut 13/16" thick cost $5.50 a SF so $2.40 isn't to bad. 

:santa: Merry Christmas

I buy most of my wood from PeachState in Kennesaw. Just wish they would carry 1/8" bb; I have to drive to Cleveland, GA every couple of years to stock up.

There is a place off of I285 exit 15 South Cobb dr. Go south and take your first right. They are on the right. I can't remember the name of the lumber yard. They sell 1/8 BB 5x5 sheets. Very pricey. I think they want like $25 bucks for a sheet.

Matter of fact if you call peach state lumber they will tell you the name of that lumber yard.

There is a place off of I285 exit 15 South Cobb dr. Go south and take your first right. They are on the right. I can't remember the name of the lumber yard. They sell 1/8 BB 5x5 sheets. Very pricey. I think they want like $25 bucks for a sheet.

Matter of fact if you call peach state lumber they will tell you the name of that lumber yard.

$25 is high for 1/8" BB. I think I paid around $12-15 last time for 1/8 and 1/4. For me Smyrna is same distance as Cleveland. I use 1/4" for Christmas cards and 1/8" for my tray puzzles. See attached Texas Puzzle which is a tray type puzzle.

post-27603-0-50638600-1482601957_thumb.jpg

$25 is high for 1/8" BB. I think I paid around $12-15 last time for 1/8 and 1/4. For me Smyrna is same distance as Cleveland. I use 1/4" for Christmas cards and 1/8" for my tray puzzles. See attached Texas Puzzle which is a tray type puzzle.

I agree Smyrna lumber yd is very pricey. I just thought I would give you another option while you was in the Kennesaw area on 1/8 BB.

Your Texas puzzle looks awesome. Keep it scrolling and maybe one day i'll run into you at Peach State lumber yard in Kennesaw.

Ciao Bronx

I have 3 places near me and the cheapest is $20 a sheet for 1/8" BB.  The grade is B/BB.  While talking prices many folks are unaware that all Baltic Birch plywood is not the same.  While I do not know for a fact I suspect some of the cheaper Baltic Birch being talked about is a lower grade.  There is noting wrong with using lower grades  Here is an explaination of the grading:

GRADING STANDARDS
Baltic Birch Plywood is graded with a face and back grade designation:
B/BB: Single piece face and back veneer. Face veneers are considered clear and free of defects with a light-uniform color. Back allows 3-6 color matched patches, which are oval in shape and egg sized. Inner cores are solid birch single piece veneers.
BB/BB: Single piece face and back. Both face and back veneers allow 3-6 small color-matched patches on average and some light mineral streaks. Tight pin knots may be present. Inner cores are solid single piece veneers.
BB/CP: Single piece face and back. The “CP†back veneers are downgraded from “BB†grade veneers, which allow for unlimited patches and sound knots, but does not allow for open defects. Inner cores are solid birch single piece veneers.
CP/CP: Single piece face and back. Face and back grade veneers allow unlimited sound knots and repaired splits and unlimited patches. The panel is sound both sides and designed for laminating.
C/C: Patches, open knots, and small veneer splits allowed. Veneer lap and small core voids permitted. This panel is not sanded and would be used for structural purposes.
SHOP GRADES: Shop panels are offered in the full 60†X 60†format in all of the grades listed above. Panels allow for 1-3 splits on the face veneer along one edge of the panel in lengths no longer than 10†and no wider than ¼â€.

We really do not know what grade people are talking about. Plywood as well as all board lumber is graded. Within those grades is all the fill. what woods were used to infill the plywood. Top quality grade plywood is going to cost in any species. The origination of the plywood will also have an effect on price. I am not a fan of buying any lumber sight unseen. Sometimes you are forced to but you use it as a learning experience too. 

We really do not know what grade people are talking about. Plywood as well as all board lumber is graded. Within those grades is all the fill. what woods were used to infill the plywood. Top quality grade plywood is going to cost in any species. The origination of the plywood will also have an effect on price. I am not a fan of buying any lumber sight unseen. Sometimes you are forced to but you use it as a learning experience too. 

John even top grade ply doesn't cost as much as 13/16" walnut. I paid $5.35 a board foot this week for some.