Enlarging patterns on a printer??

hawkeye10

I have several books from Fox XXX I can't remember the rest. But they want me to enlarge some of their patterns. They range from 110% to 150%. Today I tried to enlarge a pattern 110% and it didn't all come out. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. Is this something I need to take to a place like Staples?

Ticks me off too with Foxchapel.

I have all the issues 1 to 48 on DVD and I print the pattern as PDF with Acrobat Reader DC.  There is a poster feature that enlarges the page with cut marks etc.

I also have scanned in and converted to Inkscape.  Traced bit map and saved as PDF and enlarged same way.

If all else fails Staples is a cheap option for me as they are close.

Don

Ticks me off too with Foxchapel.

I have all the issues 1 to 48 on DVD and I print the pattern as PDF with Acrobat Reader DC.  There is a poster feature that enlarges the page with cut marks etc.

I also have scanned in and converted to Inkscape.  Traced bit map and saved as PDF and enlarged same way.

If all else fails Staples is a cheap option for me as they are close.

Don

Thanks Don but that goes right over the top of my head. I did check it out.

I have several books from Fox XXX I can't remember the rest. But they want me to enlarge some of their patterns. They range from 110% to 150%. Today I tried to enlarge a pattern 110% and it didn't all come out. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. Is this something I need to take to a place like Staples?

I use "Rapid Resizer" it in a second will do as i ask.

Are you patterns paper copies or electronic?  It's so inexpensive, I take my patterns I receive on paper to Office Depot for copies.  Just easier than scanning them in, and playing with resizing.  If I receive them electronically, I use "PosterRazer" which is free downloadable software.  Not sure on it is I can just increase the size a percentage though, I'm always just increasing the size to fit a piece of wood I want to attach the pattern to.  I tell it the size I want in inches.

scan the pic first.

once its on the computer I use excel to make it bigger.  it go across multiple pages if you want as well and print out that way.  So even if its slightly bigger then one standard page it will print out a tiny bit on the second page.  once you start using it you will be glad you did.