Ya Just Never Know...

Iguanadon

Congratulations.  Sounds like a great thing for you to attend.  Clearly they have seen your work and are impressed.  This should get you on their key vendor list.  hope it goes well for you.  Can't beat just down the road.  Hope you already had your stock built up!  Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Congratulations.  Sounds like a great thing for you to attend.  Clearly they have seen your work and are impressed.  This should get you on their key vendor list.  hope it goes well for you.  Can't beat just down the road.  Hope you already had your stock built up!  Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

I've been a busy beaver cutting 5 a day every day for the past 3 weeks in anticipation of what I thought was going to be my first event on April 29.  And coincidentally enough, I built a new display stand this morning.  Perfect timing.  Oh, and a new banner I ordered from Vistaprint will be here Thursday.  All the puzzle pieces are falling into place.  ;-)

Quick story... My wife and I heard about and attended a local arts and crafts event back in October here in our town.  40-50 vendors in a large open indoor area.  Nothing fancy, but very well setup and very crowded.  I got there and said "Holy cow, how did I not know about this and sign up for it as a vendor?!?!?!"  They do it twice a year I found out.

Well, fast forward to yesterday and my wife tells me that she saw that the event is coming up again this Saturday.  DANGIT! I missed it again, it's already full!  Well, I figure what the heck and I send a message thru Facebook to the organizer and tell them that if they have any last minute cancellations I live just down the street and could fill in.  Well, my phone rang a half hour ago and it was them letting me know they had a cancellation.  Then she whispers to me "We have a waiting list, but we didn't want any more jewelry vendors and your stuff is so unique and interesting, we're skipping over everyone else to invite you."

Quite flattering and always nice to hear.  So, my season is starting earlier than expected, which is great and I'm excited to get things rolling again in a few days.

Lesson of the day... just because an event is full doesn't mean you shouldn't reach out anyway.  Ya just never know...

I'll report back after the event to let everyone know how it went.

Bring your camera ,We love pictures!

Scott that vacation you took earlier this year may come to bite you in the you know where. I know you step up and over come the shortage of puzzles. When you see all the $$$ signs it will make it easier.   :cool:

Ha! Don't I know it, no rest for the weary... Yesterday I took an inventory and I have 106 unique animal puzzles for display (and sale) and I have 95 duplicates wrapped and ready.  I'm OK for this event, but I need to have a LOT more on hand for 3 big events coming up on April 1 & 2 (assuming I get accepted), April 29 and May 20.

I average selling 26 pieces at the Farmers Market each week during the summer which is only 5 hours long and my best event was 45.  Now it's just a matter of seeing what's in store for me Saturday which is 8 hours long and how many I'll have to re-make/re-stock.  Hoping for a solid day.

I get to set up my space on Friday so I'll share pictures later in the day.

Edited by Iguanadon

Good luck with this new event, Are puzzles the only thing you make for sale?

Hi Rolf,

Yes, I only do animal puzzles.  I just started cutting them last June and fell in love with them.  I found my niche and my passion.

Until I get bored with them I guess.  ;-)  But, as long as they sell, I'll keep making them.

Ha! Don't I know it, no rest for the weary... Yesterday I took an inventory and I have 106 unique animal puzzles for display (and sale) and I have 95 duplicates wrapped and ready.  I'm OK for this event, but I need to have a LOT more on hand for 3 big events coming up on April 1 & 2 (assuming I get accepted), April 29 and May 20.

I average selling 26 pieces at the Farmers Market each week during the summer which is only 5 hours long and my best event was 45.  Now it's just a matter of seeing what's in store for me Saturday which is 8 hours long and how many I'll have to re-make/re-stock.  Hoping for a solid day.

I get to set up my space on Friday so I'll share pictures later in the day.

I am looking forward to those pictures.

Setup for tomorrow is complete.  Only a dozen or so vendors are there setting up so far, a total of 51 vendors will be in attendance.

Booth space is only 8ft wide and kind of screwed up my planned table layout so I'm not thrilled with it, but it'll do.  I have 106 unique puzzles on display, not including the colored kids dinosaurs.

When I first saw my space I didn't think I'd be able to hang my new banner that arrived yesterday since I wasn't along a perimter wall, but then I noticed the post in one corner and I went home and grabbed my ladder and made-do with my rigged banner hanging system.

Now we'll wait and see how sales go tomorrow.

post-29379-0-25375600-1489170504_thumb.jpg

post-29379-0-48138400-1489170513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iguanadon