lots of problems with finishes

amazingkevin

Relax, Kevin..........take a deep breath......everything does not need to be done in one day.....finishing is a real lesson in itself........light coats.....wait............................................not yet, wait longer....................................give things a chance to dry....................................................now that it has been sitting for several hours, you can give it a light sanding and another THIN coat of finish...........................wait......................................wait....................................repeat above steps................................................................wait................................................................wait.........................................there, now it is starting to look nice and even....way to go, Kevin

I think you get the picture...If any one  should understand this, it should be you....You can't hurry the finish part and have good success.........Sorry for your troubles, but take it as a good lesson learned..

Dick

heppnerguy

In many ways I am like Kevin.... I want to get it done as soon as possible after I start.

My solution is to have a number of projects in the works. When done staining I have other things to work on in various stages...

some being layed out to start on

some still in the sawing stage 

some in the sanding stage

Others in the staining stage 

and in the case of clocks ... some in the finishing and assembly stage.

and my new pastime when I am waiting or need a break -- pyrography - wood burning ... (which I plan to incorporate into some scroll saw projects 

I just received my wood burner and attached is my first attempt .... a basic design but somewhat successful. Now working on more intricate designs and practicing shading 

Not sure why picture is sideways but you get the idea

post-31333-0-19744800-1492013222_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Scroll Troll

In many ways I am like Kevin.... I want to get it done as soon as possible after I start.

My solution is to have a number of projects in the works. When done staining I have other things to work on in various stages...

and my new pastime when I am waiting or need a break -- pyrography - wood burning ... (which I plan to incorporate into some scroll saw projects 

I just received my wood burner and attached is my first attempt .... a basic design but somewhat successful. Now working on more intricate designs and practicing shading 

Looks like you talents come through, even with your new wood burning.. I bet we will see a lot of that incorporated in your newer scrolled pieces.. Very nice, especially for a first one.. 

Dick

heppnerguy

My master cabinet friend came over today and gave me lots of teak he has no use for.i showed him the fish eyes all,over my crosses and he said i resprayed before it was dry.I can believe that.Thanks for your info.i need to finish fast because nothing can get done with wet project holding up the parade.Thanks friend

Love your burning skills!