Help...my dust blower hose has fatigued and will not stay in position.

Even though I goofed it up?  Sorry.  I even search Loc-Lite and came up with Loc-Line but didn't notice.  Duh.  I just purchased some from loc-line.com.  Got great service and maybe a little cheaper than Amazon.  I try to help out others when I can instead of alway Amazon.  Just a personal thing.

If its like the dewalt has its this thing with a bunch of nub like pieces. What will happen is they might crack and will just fall apart or swivel around alot. what i did when that happened was remove the offending piece.  I heated it in hot water so they come apart and then rinse under cold to shrink them back up without the cracked piece.

I also use an aquaium pump now with the tube just taped to the one on the saw.i like it because its constant and not dependant on the motion of the saw. total cost, $8 from walmart.

I use the Loc Line and it has not worn at all.  Replacement 1/4" is less than $8.00  on Amazon and free shipping with Prime.

I use the 3/4" size for dust pick up.  The best dust collection is done closest to the source.  I think blowing it away with a fan creates a hazard because the second fan with a filter will not get all of it.

16 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Hey Hawkeye, I like that little fan you have sitting on the bench. Can you give me some idea where you found it and approx. how much? I want one. I the box fan/furnace filter in place but I like that fan idea.

Ray

Ray I am pretty sure I bought it at Wally World for about $20.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, hawkeye10 said:

I don't use my hose any more. Here is my set up.

4xZUsg7.jpg

Hawk I sure hope you wear a mask whenever you scroll.  Unless the volume of air getting sucked through the filter (even when dirty) exceeds the volume of air being pushed out by the fan on the left you will have a lot of airborne dust.

13 minutes ago, NC Scroller said:

Hawk I sure hope you wear a mask whenever you scroll.  Unless the volume of air getting sucked through the filter (even when dirty) exceeds the volume of air being pushed out by the fan on the left you will have a lot of airborne dust.

I would think that using the built in blower along with the fan and the box fan set up would be the most efficient way to get the dust out. I still used a mask though.

Ray