The Bully at The NC State Fair

cyclistjim

Well I am happy to say The Bully was awarded the Blue Ribbon at The NC State Fair. Winning is always a weird thing with me. I feel bad for everyone else. I know lots of work go into each and every entry and everyone wants to take home the blue ribbon.

This is a Mike Williams pattern available at https://mikesscrollsawpatterns.com/products/the-bully-14x11 

I could not get too close this year and they had it as far away this year as it could be and on the top shelf so I have included another picture of the cutting just so that you could have a better view of it.

It has over 1,000 cuts i n it!

20171014_142433.thumb.jpg.6820c205b129fd47eba97af771876fec.jpgbully.thumb.png.06bd3d71cfb71fd66407ef122177a77f.png

Congratulations!  I just purchased that pattern a couple weeks ago.  Well it was just after seeing yours posted when you first finished it.  Don't know when I will get to it.  You certainly did a great job. Now you need to get Charles Dearing's Lion Roar and Leopard Roar to go with the Bully.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Congratulations!  I just purchased that pattern a couple weeks ago.  Well it was just after seeing yours posted when you first finished it.  Don't know when I will get to it.  You certainly did a great job. Now you need to get Charles Dearing's Lion Roar and Leopard Roar to go with the Bully.

Thank you and I actually have those two in my pattern collection and on my list of things to cut! It seems we all have more patterns then we can cut and always acquiring more.

On 10/14/2017 at 7:23 PM, cyclistjim said:

Well I am happy to say The Bully was awarded the Blue Ribbon at The NC State Fair. Winning is always a weird thing with me. I feel bad for everyone else. I know lots of work go into each and every entry and everyone wants to take home the blue ribbon.

This is a Mike Williams pattern available at https://mikesscrollsawpatterns.com/products/the-bully-14x11 

I could not get too close this year and they had it as far away this year as it could be and on the top shelf so I have included another picture of the cutting just so that you could have a better view of it.

It has over 1,000 cuts i n it!

20171014_142433.thumb.jpg.6820c205b129fd47eba97af771876fec.jpgbully.thumb.png.06bd3d71cfb71fd66407ef122177a77f.png

Your an extremest with a love for the unusual.Awe inspiring projects each and every one of them.More than well done sir!!!

that is really awesome, I say that cause of the skill required to cut but also the fact that the elephant is kinda hidden in the sense that its not flat out obvious with a elephant with outlines and the like but rather a TONNE of small little cuts that actually make the outline. 

Spectacular I say and perhaps some day I will aspire to cut such a pattern...

Edited by WayneG