I think I may need a different saw...

Jskd82

So i posted recently about purchasing my first saw and some issues I was having but I got those issues sorted out.  Originally I bought the scroll saw for cutting out slingshots, but I am now getting more interested in doing actual scroll work like portraits and designs.  I am really struggling with this WEN to do portraits as the pinless blade adapters are a pain to use, also the fact that I can't tilt the arm out of the way to insert the blade from the top of my work piece is a huge negative.  

Anyways the saw would work great for my original intended purpose but now I think I might need to upgrade or is there an easier way to insert the pinless blades into the starter drill holes? If not what would you guys recommend I buy?

Well I just pulled the trigger... I ordered it from lowes cause they had free shipping.  Pretty sure if I bought it for $300 from woodcraft it would be the same price I'm buying it from lowes for after their shipping charges... I live on an island so we don't have much choice:(  The wife seems interested in this hobby so I got the green light lol

20 hours ago, Jskd82 said:

Thanks, I have been eyeing up the Dewalt as I am a huge believer in the buy once cry once theory lol.  I'm also looking up the porter cable but I'm leaning towards a Dewalt, unfortunately the used market in my area is very small, so I would have to buy brand new.

I tried to figure out a way to delete my comment because as I read on it was answered. Is there a way to delete?

Edited by octoolguy

15 hours ago, Jskd82 said:

Thanks, I have been eyeing up the Dewalt as I am a huge believer in the buy once cry once theory lol.  I'm also looking up the porter cable but I'm leaning towards a Dewalt, unfortunately the used market in my area is very small, so I would have to buy brand new.

A friend just bought a Porter Cable saw from Lowes. He intends to return it because of a bad vibration and difficult blade replacement.

For the $$ I don't think you can beat the DeWalt.

bb

On 11/3/2017 at 5:01 PM, Jskd82 said:

no porter cable,harbor freight,ryobi,sears,

Well I ordered from Lowes with free shipping but they took a week to ship it and now I find out they are slow boating it to me so it will take 4-6 weeks! I can't wait that long.... So I ordered from Amazon with priority shipping and it will be here tomorrow then I will just return the one from Lowes when it arrives. 

I've got an itch and I can't wait to start some scroll work! Intarsia has really captured my interest, but I'll start with the simple basics;)

Edited by Jskd82