Pen to mark wood ornaments without bleeding

nrscroller

I use a Sharpie as well.. that said.. I've used a few different types of fine point Sharpie's and this is my favorite one.. The others I used would bleed out into the wood.. I think due to the fact that they put the ink on too heavy.. These in the link are the best I've found so far..

https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-Fine-Point-Black-1742661/dp/B001CS1QC0/ref=sr_1_4?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1512090964&sr=1-4&keywords=sharpie+fine+point 

On 11/30/2017 at 12:57 PM, nrscroller said:

Hi

I am looking for a fine pen or marker than won't bleed on baltic birch ply to mark my ornaments when I give them to people. My duaghter has a nice american crafts precision pen but I have no where to buy them where I live. Suggesions for a type at Walmart, we have one here.

Thanks

Bill

Where on the ornaments do you sign?  

Coat your project with a clear finish first. Then, after the finish is fully dry, your markers will not bleed when applied.  I use clear spray lacquer on my reindeer before applying the eyes and red nose with Sanford Sharpie marking pens. I don't sign the reindeer or my 3D ornaments because I haven't been able to do it successfully without it detracting from the appearance. 

Charley

On 11/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, nrscroller said:

Hi

I am looking for a fine pen or marker than won't bleed on baltic birch ply to mark my ornaments when I give them to people. My duaghter has a nice american crafts precision pen but I have no where to buy them where I live. Suggesions for a type at Walmart, we have one here.

Thanks

Bill

I don't sign anything anymore .Since 2004 nobodys called so it's useless for getting more work.