Just to prove I have been in my shop

heppnerguy

7 hours ago, ScollSaw Slasher said:

Fantastic. Tried the Grandmother one and had a disaster of breaking off one the outside swirls. Modified a little and it was a gift from my granddaughter to her other grandma. Those outside edges are tender. What blade did you use?

I used 1/8th BB Ply and stack cut two of them. I also used the Olson 2/0R blade, which I like to use mostly for work like this. I have found it to be small enough that it handles the delicate cuts easily and I like it up to 3/8 inch BB Ply when there is a delicate situation on the piece. Another thing that helps to keep the pieces from breaking off is to drill an entry hole next to the delicate cut and start there, instead of going from the outer most part of the wood and cutting it away. The reason for this is the outer wood helps support the delicate parts, where as if you start from the most outer edge of your wood, you are creating a weaker area as you cut away some of the outer support. I hope this makes sense to you.  Also the 2/0 R blade creates almost no fuzzies to contend with.

Dick

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, Gordster said:

Beautiful work Dick......you sure were up for a challenge.

Thank you. .I love to cut pieces that push my envelope a little, as I find them way more satisfying then the easy ones. but of course some of the easy ones are what someone wants or it can be just the 'right one for the time'

Dick

heppnerguy

5 hours ago, Brianr24 said:

Wow! That's on another level.

Thank you... I cut for several years and enjoyed what I was doing until I met, Paul, (Scrappile) and experienced first hand what difference dedication to excellence meant. He was such an inspiration to me, as well as a good friend, now,  that I went home after visiting him and decided to step up my skills. I have found it challenging and very rewarding, doing so. It is truly 'another level' for me.

Dick

heppnerguy

4 hours ago, meflick said:

Nice work.  Yes, I confess I was wondering if that new shop in AZ was getting any work done in it yet. ;) Glad to see it is being put through its paces AND that you are taking the time to do other things outside of it. 

Thank you for the nice note. I still love my new shop and the fact that I can use it year around. I have been way too busy in the shop doing Christmas orders and personal things but it is a little settled down now. Hope to find time to be here a little more though, as I miss seeing everyone's work and reading their notes to one another. It is such a great bunch of people here

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, rdatelle said:

Dick, those are all awesome. There's a lot of work on that Lord's Prayer. Do you stack cut any of that.

I did stack all the frame pieces. cut my work in half on that. This one was much easier then the first one I did, and it took less time then I thought it would. 

Dick

heppnerguy