First Cut with Jet

Vector01

On 2/14/2018 at 5:11 AM, Lucky2 said:

Nicely done, how was the new Jet to use, was it any different then any other scroll saw?

Len

The jet was fantastic. Due to the lack of noticeable vibration, the small detail cuts were easy. I would compare it to my old Dewalt(Canada mfg.), as far as power and ease of cutting all types of wood. The jet has more adjustments for fine tuning (blade tension and movement) than the Dewalt. The plus with the jet is the ease of blade changes and the top arm adjustment which allows the arm to stay up when doing inside cuts. It works a lot better than my old Porter Cable saw. My Porter Cable worked fine until the vibration issue became a problem. The PC was over 4 years old, not worth fixing.  Bar any problems, this will be my last saw! Here's a couple more I did...

mouse.jpg

tree.jpg

Both projects came out really well. I am using my new EX and loving it also. So glad I found one for sale and it was brand new for $200.  The only thing I would change if I were doing these two project is, I believe a black backer board would have made the tree of live stand out better. Good work on it

Dick

heppnerguy