New Feature - Achievement Awards!

Travis

Howdy All.  I just added a new feature which I think will be fun.  We're adding achievement awards.  These are fun little awards for certain things.  Such as medals for participating in challenges or contests, contributing to the Ornaments For Charity ebook, participating in projects or events.  There are also trophies that are unlocked by reaching certain milestones, like uploading a profile pic, getting a certain amount of posts, uploading to your gallery, getting or giving a certain amount of post reactions, etc.  They don't do much other than being a fun way to recognize folks who participate in SSV.  The medal and trophies will show up on your profile page.  There will also be a nice little icon below your name on forum posts showing the last 5 or so awards (you can see an example under my name).  You'll be able to hide specific awards from your profile page if you want to.  But I think it's fun to see.

You'll start to see notifications pop up in your feed.  Right now, I'm awarding them to participants on the monthly Scroll Saw Challenge going back to last October.  After that, I'll slowly add new awards.  

I'm starting to populate the trophies section.  So you'll start seeing some notifications of achievements that you have earned a long time ago.  Things like "Ice Breaker"...earned when you make your first post.  Bear with me as I get through this backlog.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK.  I think I'm done with the trophy dump.  I populated all of the earned trophies (things like when you hit a certain number of posts, etc).  So you won't see a flood of trophies in your Notifications.  You'll only get them when you earn them naturally.

Thanks everybody for your patience.  :thumbs: