Gluing Backers Tip

I’ve seen where it was mentioned to use wax paper. I get into trouble if I touch the wax paper again   :lol: . So I found that a plastic garbage bag works well, and no additional garbage being made since you can still use the bag after the glue dries. I also use a body filler spreader to spread the glue around on the bag. Then just dip the piece in the glue and glue up. I did about 6 backers in just a couple minutes. 

Hope this tip helps someone from sleeping in the dog house after using all the wax paper. Don’t ask how I know.  :lol::razz:

2BAC4F2B-1DAC-425B-9F0C-9163C04EEDC8.jpeg

Edited by kmmcrafts

I bought my own roll of wax paper and keep it in the shop. I got in serious trouble years and years ago. I need a container to clean the table saw blade in...the coffee can and everything else I found was too small. I took Rubber Maid pie container. I still use it. It works super. BUT that was the last time I took anything out of the kitchen for the shop.

Wax paper is so cheap and I use it alot when gluing pen blanks up or using a jig to hold glued up pieces and it works so well why mess with success. This method is probably good for what you are doing if that is the way you like to glue backers. too me too much glue and squeeze out can occur unless I am not following your method. Hopefully it can help someone Always good to get different methods.   

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, Scrappile said:

I just remind my wife whose debit card she used to buy the wax paper..... I rule in my house....  :eye::cry:

Boy, Paul, you are brave. If Patti sees this post of yours, I am wondering if she will still allow me to come to your house for a visit in June..

Dick

heppnerguy

I just wanted to update this... For what it's worth.. I went to glue up another set of clocks I made this week a couple of nights ago.. and I looked at the same old trash bag.. wondered if there might be a clean spot on it from the previous use and guess what.. the glue from the last time was peeling off.. so I wiped it down a little just by brushing my hand on it.. and all the dried glue from last weeks glue ups came right off.. so I used the same trash bag as last week.. so.. I suppose I'm doing my share of keeping the wax paper out of the landfills.. LOL.. works great.. and re-usable.. when it becomes time to need a new trash bag for glue ups.. I can use it as a trash bag.. LOL.. Not sure if any old trash bag will do the same thing.. and couldn't tell you what type of bag it is but it's working great for more than one purpose..