Mom's Day - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

MomsDay.png

May is a month for Mom, because she deserves more than just a day. :)  This month's challenge is to make something for Mom.  This can be for your mom, wife, or special lady in your life.  If none of these apply, how about some May flowers?  Post your project below.  It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

• Travis changed the title to Mom's Day - Scroll Saw Challenge

My shop is shut down while transitioning to a new city (moving from the Dallas area to the Austin area, for work....anyone know a good neighborhood with good homes for crazy-low prices in the Round Rock/Leander/Cedar Park  area?).  Here's a couple I made for my wife a while back, long before I discovered SSV.  Yeah, they should be on a backing and framed, but she likes them, so...

20180215_195245.thumb.jpg.0a9bd2d091e7d1d429a21ae23a0e5e6b.jpg20180217_145625.thumb.jpg.f39de9b075bc12cd7c0d9856000b1a49.jpg20180128_173739.thumb.jpg.75dfc988bb90e40f3f707ed2c921745e.jpg20180128_220122.thumb.jpg.5a5bf6c1bdbd135469b50c68fd91ed51.jpg

23 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

My shop is shut down while transitioning to a new city (moving from the Dallas area to the Austin area, for work....anyone know a good neighborhood with good homes for crazy-low prices in the Round Rock/Leander/Cedar Park  area?).  Here's a couple I made for my wife a while back, long before I discovered SSV.  Yeah, they should be on a backing and framed, but she likes them, so...

20180215_195245.thumb.jpg.0a9bd2d091e7d1d429a21ae23a0e5e6b.jpg20180217_145625.thumb.jpg.f39de9b075bc12cd7c0d9856000b1a49.jpg20180128_173739.thumb.jpg.75dfc988bb90e40f3f707ed2c921745e.jpg20180128_220122.thumb.jpg.5a5bf6c1bdbd135469b50c68fd91ed51.jpg

nice pieces. The rose is an interesting pattern that I do believe I have seen before. A backer board on the rose might take away some of it's delict look, in my opinion. I probably would have made a backer board for it, if I was cutting it, but I think is looks better without one

Dick

heppnerguy

5 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

nice pieces. The rose is an interesting pattern that I do believe I have seen before. A backer board on the rose might take away some of it's delict look, in my opinion. I probably would have made a backer board for it, if I was cutting it, but I think is looks better without one

Dick

heppnerguy

Thx!!!  I found it on Pinterest.  Just printed it off and tried it out.

21 hours ago, GPscroller said:

Here is my contribution.  Designed by Ken Keyes as a Mother's Day pattern but I think it will become my baby gift from now on.  The second one was a free pattern from Sheila Landry I did last year for Jan, reclaimed maple of course.

Jeff

IMG_0547.JPG

Moms.JPG

A great idea to use that pattern for new births. How could anything else say so much without a word?

Dick

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Well I am going to post mine because I need another "trophy" .   I already posted pictures of it in the bragging forum.  This plaque will be her gift.  She already spoke of it anyway. 

John 3 16.jpg

Not sure what to say about this one......  Not too bad for an old blind guy.  I really like the added black parts, it really helps to make it stand out better. Looks like the backer board stain worked out well. Another great piece by the infamous Scrappile

Dick

heppnerguy

3 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Not sure what to say about this one......  Not too bad for an old blind guy.  I really like the added black parts, it really helps to make it stand out better. Looks like the backer board stain worked out well. Another great piece by the infamous Scrappile

Dick

heppnerguy

And you call me an old blind guy!  There are no black parts on it.  They are a rosewood and are brown!  If you didn't see my posting of it in bragging rights, I thanked you for inspiring me to do it.  Had to after seeing the picture of yours.