Blade type recommendations

newfie

Hi everyone i been thinking about trying the pagas blades out. Been using FD blades for years now' normally the ultra reverse blades. But I was wondering what type of pagas blade would be close comparison to the FD ultra reverse blades. I know I could have went to bear woods site and asked them but I thought I would ask the experts here for there input.

Thanks

Todd

Edited by newfie

Another thing I found, and maybe it is just my imagination, but in the smaller sizes (#2/0 through #3), I have not used anything larger in the MG blades,  the MG blades seem more flexible than the FD.  So what I use in a #2/0 size in a FD blade, I use a #0 in the MG blade.  Anyone else notice this or think they notice this?

Edited by Scrappile

Everyone has their own favorite blades. I used Olsen blades for many years, and still use sometimes. I mostly use FD Ultra Reverse blades now. I have tried the Pegas MG blades, and still have some, but I did not like them enough to chance over. In fact, I just bought two gross of U R blades last week. 

18 hours ago, fredfret said:

I like the Modified Geometry blades a lot they are reverse only on the bottom but I think they perform well. They are a little more aggressive than the FDUR Try a dozen then decide.

Fredfret

Wichita, Ks

Thanks for the reply only problem with the bear woods supply is the shipping is high so just ordering a dozen to try them is just a waste. Need to order at lest half a gross to make it even payable.

6 hours ago, dgman said:

Everyone has their own favorite blades. I used Olsen blades for many years, and still use sometimes. I mostly use FD Ultra Reverse blades now. I have tried the Pegas MG blades, and still have some, but I did not like them enough to chance over. In fact, I just bought two gross of U R blades last week. 

Thanks Dan I been using the FD  ades for a long time as will. O heard so much about the pagas blades blades latey I wanted to try them out and see what there like. I do like the FD blades a lot guess it's like an old saying up this way anyway.  "don't try to fix what's not broken"

I used the FDUR blades exclusively and was happy, except with the #3, I had a hard time controlling it.  Tried the Pegasus modified geometry and I love them.  I find they cut straight, no more angled orientation for a straight line, they stay sharper longer, and the #3 I can control with no issues.

33 minutes ago, newfie said:

Thanks for the reply only problem with the bear woods supply is the shipping is high so just ordering a dozen to try them is just a waste. Need to order at lest half a gross to make it even payable.

I get my Pegas blades from D and D.  They normally ship same or next day. Shipping and prices are reasonable.

dndsawbladesonline.com

personally, Its tough for me to say much about blades for thin material as I don't cut enough of it. Christmas ornaments & such is about it. I use a #2 Olson blade for that. 

All of my projects are hardwood. I use Olson & FD blades. Mostly skip tooth & polar blades. From #0/2 up to #5 blade. Some may think them smaller blades are out of place for cutting hardwood, but, dependin' on the project & the detail involved, the project dictates the size & thickness of the blade.