162 Christmas Ornaments Drying

kmmcrafts

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, DWSUDEKUM said:

Very nicely done Kevin.  That is a lot of ornaments.  One could stretch a line or two and hang them from it so that they can dry from all sides.  This way you could put it in an out of the normal walk way area and continue on.  Thanks for sharing these with us.

DW

I don't do nearly that many at once, but I use a line with slip knots tired every so far and bend paperclips to use as hangers.  Works great. I should say that I use mason's twine which is cheap and easy to work with.

I have used fishing line for some longer runs, but it is not as flexible as the twine.

Edited by Jim McDonald

On 5/27/2018 at 4:25 AM, Rob said:

If you hang them you could place a length of guttering underneath to catch the drips and potentially save some Danish oil for re-use.  I got the idea from this video although this guy uses the guttering for applying his finish. 

Rob

This was in my thinking when I was given the idea of hanging them.. since I really not interested in finishing my floor and surrounding areas.. a gutter or drip pan of some sort would be a must have.. 

Thank you for sharing the info

On 5/27/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jim McDonald said:

I don't do nearly that many at once, but I use a line with slip knots tired every so far and bend paperclips to use as hangers.  Works great. I should say that I use mason's twine which is cheap and easy to work with.

I have used fishing line for some longer runs, but it is not as flexible as the twine.

Thank you for the tips..

6 hours ago, wombatie said:

Wow you have been busy.  How many will you have by Christmas?  Great work on all of them.

Marg

Should have around 3500 - 4000 ornaments inventoried by September.. and I also try to keep some of my clocks inventoried too.. keeps me out of trouble during the summer months.. then the winter months busy packing orders and trying to refill sold out items..   

5 hours ago, rjweb said:

Kevin,

between you and Iggy you all are keeping the economy going strong, keep up the good work, at least you are are out sourcing them to be cut by a foreign country, RJ 

Yeah I'm not sure we put much of a dent into the economy.. not yet anyway :) But I suppose we'll keep on trying.. If I was you all... I'd start stock piling lumber.. won't be too long and we'll have a shortage of Poplar and Cherry.. 😂