Slope

JimErn

I have my table tilted, a result of someone here mentioning it a couple of years ago when I first joined.  Very good ergonomic set up in my opinion.

Per my hanson level (see pic), I have  a tilt of 5 degrees, or a slope of 1  (one inch in 12)

I am curious, those who also tilt their tables toward them, what tilt or slope do you use?

EDIT - added actual pic of slope/tile

level found here. https://www.ebay.com/i/292527019441?chn=ps

SS-2018-09-23_06.35.07.jpg

SS-2018-09-23_06.57.47.jpg

Edited by JimErn

Jim does that make things easier with your table tilted. I was kind of afraid to try it. Afraid it might cause vibration in the saw not having all four legs on the concrete as Seyco suggests. Or maybe I'm lazy and didn't want to take time to experiment as my saw is in a pretty tight spot between my work tables.

grizz.

5 hours ago, scrollingforsanity said:

Jim does that make things easier with your table tilted. I was kind of afraid to try it. Afraid it might cause vibration in the saw not having all four legs on the concrete as Seyco suggests. Or maybe I'm lazy and didn't want to take time to experiment as my saw is in a pretty tight spot between my work tables.

grizz.

griz yes it made a considerable difference to me.

Easier to see the work piece and the blade in it

Jim

I adjusted my Dewalt straight out of the box via the adjustable table. I am not sure the angle. I have never used another saw or set up, so I cant attest to the benefits. All I know is that it works for me. I have an adjustable barber stool raised all the way and it keeps me in good posture.... Unless I'm doing some real fine fretwork, then somehow I turn into a pretzel and forget to breathe for 10 minutes.